Railroad Forums 

• CNJ 98 moved

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#343062  by metman499

The CNJ business car 98 was moved yesterday from Kempton to Minersville. The Kimmels (CNJ 113 steam loco owners/restorers) traded a diesel to the WK&S over a year ago for the business car. Reportedly, the interior had been vandalized while in Kempton and there is work to be done to restore it.
 #344378  by Ken W2KB

metman499 wrote:The CNJ business car 98 was moved yesterday from Kempton to Minersville. The Kimmels (CNJ 113 steam loco owners/restorers) traded a diesel to the WK&S over a year ago for the business car. Reportedly, the interior had been vandalized while in Kempton and there is work to be done to restore it.
It's good to see the movement on restoring this equipment. In my high school years I recall seeing the 98 in the yard in Jersey City. Any idea as to when the 113 is slated to be returned to service?

#450307  by Schuylkill Valley

Any updates on CNJ 113?
I have been meaning to get up that way, but I never seem to do so.
Len.