Railroad Forums 

• CN units in Frontier today-Clean and shiny

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1526341  by SST

After picking up a couple of books from the library [Ya know what that is....right?} I headed over to the pizza shop on Broadway 100 feet from Old Broadway. Picked up a slice and then parked along the Frontier Yard. Had good timing today with several crew changes all within 30 minutes or so. What was really amusing is that I was able to watch different aspects on the signal tower up against the Harlem Rd bridge. Usually its just all red. Even got a blinking green.

But the 3 CN units really stuck out today. So clean and shiny. They look new. If I read the roster correctly [https://www.thedieselshop.us/CN.HTML]

8834 and 8830 were built in 2007 and 4920 came from MP.....so not so new.

Picture is zoomed in with a 5c. Not the best quality but better than nothing.
 #1526445  by SST

GTW 4920 & 4923
EMD 72659-1 & 3
Ex-MP 913 & 915

In the 3rd column under GTW says Build date....Ex-MP...etc Is that Missouri Pacific?
 #1526493  by SST

Speaking of Grand Trunk...…..Years ago, I use to visit an adult entertainment facility in Fort Erie called GTR. The parking lot was pretty much up against a RR row. Rails were in the ground. I never saw any RR action. This was before I took an interest in railroads. This place has been closed for many many years [I don't think the building is there any more]. Only recently, did I learn that the name of the facility was named after the rails next to it. GTR-Grand Trunk Railroad. I had a good laugh when I learned that. I wonder how many crews stopped at the "facility" for "servicing."