Railroad Forums 

• CN Moves up on Host Road Report Card

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1578425  by twropr

https://www.amtrak.com/content/dam/proj ... d-FAQs.pdf
Note that Canadian National, which back in 2014 had been the subject of an STB complaint for systematically delaying Amtrak trains, is now among the top three host roads for on time performance. I wonder what happened to cause their management to work more closely with Amtrak than they had in the past.
Andy
 #1578427  by rcthompson04

The City of New Orleans performing better raised their score. If I had to guess that is longer than the rest of the CN territory used by Amtrak combined.

I would love to see a survey of Amtrak as a host or Amtrak's view of its commuter hosts. I am not surprised by the Keystone numbers, but I am curious how well the other tenants (SEPTA, NJT and the freights) do in the same territory.
 #1578468  by prokowave

I'm sure the number one reason is trying to get approval for the KCS merger. It helps that they completed the new concrete Bonnet Carre bridge west of New Orleans. The old timber bridge was limited to 10 mph and would close any time the spillway would open (sometimes lasting months). During closures the CONO would have to turn in Mississippi.
 #1578476  by eolesen

Reduced frequency during COVID probably helped the most...
prokowave wrote:I'm sure the number one reason is trying to get approval for the KCS merger.
Doubtful it has anything to do with the merger. These report cards look further back than the three-six months or so the deal has been in motion.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#1578659  by NS VIA FAN

Here in Canada...CN always gets a bad rap for handling the Canadian.....but that's only 4 of the other 475 VIA trains per week (Covid aside) CN handles that generally have a pretty good time keeping record. Mainly in the Corridor but also the long distance Ocean to the Maritimes.