Railroad Forums 

• Changing the track speed NEC 4

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#361957  by Acela Express

Does anyone know how to change the speed limit on the NEC from 125 to 135mph. I think you have to use the route or activity editor but i'm not sure how to do it.

#374042  by Njt4300

Go to route editor. Click on the NEC V4 route. When that opens, click properties in the upperleft. A list till appear. Change the number in the box that reads speed. You should be good to go.

#378461  by Acela Express

I tried to change it thru properties but that still didn't work. The speed is still at 125mph instead of 135mph. even though i change the speed to 135mph. some thing is wrong.

#378468  by Njt4300

Run a train, on the side where the speed limits show up, that WILL NOT change. I have no idea why, there must be some software issue but the speed limit on the driveraid should read 135
 #378477  by amtrakhogger

To change the speed to 135 contact the FRA for a waiver. An FRA
inspector must come to your house to certify you computer before
allowing the upgrade in speed. (Ha-ha!)

#378786  by Acela Express

Yea tell me about it. my computer probraly has an ACSES failure. LOL.

#378810  by pennsy

Okay Fellas, welcome to the real world. One must give credit to the designers of the computer game in that they tried to emulate reality. So, unless you have friends at the FRA, and know the fellas that design the computer games, you are dead in the water. As on the real NEC, you will have to follow the speed limits as they actually exist.

Again, welcome to the REAL world. By the way, do you know how to upgrade the track on your computer game so that it can handle trains travelling at 175 mph ???
 #379052  by amtrakhogger

Only joking!