Railroad Forums 

• Canandaigua Freight Station

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1399285  by Scott K

Anyone know if the freight station on Ontario Street in Canandaigua is being renovated, or torn down? Saw the following post on Craigslist;
http://rochester.craigslist.org/zip/5760446716.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Available immediately ...

A good pile of 2x4's ...longer lengths 10-12' probably 50.

I had this post up last week but construction crews on site prohibited loading. The material is now accessible and ready to load.

Some pine tongue and groove bead board. 300 sq ft +/-

A pile of creosote soaked beams 10"x12" on average 10-12' long. Creosote is used to prevent rot, most commonly in railroad ties... These beams would be great for retaining walls or any application with ground contact...

The wood is available for pick up...the beams are heavy...YOU WILL NEED HELP TO LOAD THEM! I'm an ox and I cannot move them myself...two people minimum.

You can pull right up next to the pile for loading. YOU WILL NEED A TRAILER if you take the beams. The 2x4's and bead board will fit in a pickup.

Call me to obtain the address and details for pickup...I will pull the post when this material is gone. First come first serve. PLEASE CALL ME so we don't waste other people's time.

Thanks

Scott K
 #1399373  by CPSD40-2

It is gone, torn down, and much of the wood salvaged. The trusses are owned by a company in Buffalo ( the one that put up the ad ) and the vast majority of the other wood was purchased by Pioneer Millworks in Farmington, NY.
 #1399402  by Scott K

Otto Vondrak wrote:That post has been up for months. Try contacting the person who posted it.
Never occured to me. Never saw the post before, either. Had it pointed out to me by my son last night. I was just expecting a reply like the one above, I guess. Didn't consider the obvious. Another piece of history gone.

Scott K.