Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #1215  by okeana

Any CC&L fans?
Looking for photos. :roll:

#72515  by CIOR

Sure am, no pictures of the CCL though
 #178654  by cw cabin

okeana wrote:Any CC&L fans?
Looking for photos. :roll:
I know this was an old post. I joined not to long ago and came across this post. Okeana are you still out there? I happen to have some photos of the C&O between Cincinnati and peru. 1920's thru 1980's.
 #178670  by okeana

I am still here.
Always looking for photos and history. :-D

#180134  by okeana

sent photo to your email

#206532  by countryguy828

I too am looking for information and pictures from the CR&M/CC&L railroad. I would really like pictures of the Station in Richmond Indiana.

Thanks Dave Laughead
 #206746  by okeana

send me your email
i will send you a photo from about 2 years ago.
 #237002  by cw cabin

Does anybody know of any video/DVD of this line? Preferably western Cincinnati, Cheviot Hill, Cheviot Yard. I have pretty much everything in my Cincinnati area collection but one, the C&O of Indiana.
Some people in the business tht I have talked to say that there is nothing out there that has come forward. I can't believe that no one filmed this line back in the 1930's 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

#238387  by shwango

I'd love photos or videos of the Cheviot hill/yard as well. I miss the trestle over Bridgetown Road. Actually, I'm a little too young too really remember too much, but my mom used to take me to Swallens to watch the trains when I was little. I think there's a guy that works at Western Hills Photo and Hobby that has a slide show, but I haven't had a chance to check into it since they're always closed when I go there.
 #238519  by cw cabin

Thats one bridge I'll never forget. I borrowed a friends convertable and got stuck at the light one day. Ugly sight, bird droppings :( . I've seen a section of an HO scale layout of Bridgetown Rd. rail overpass. I was told at that time that it was part of a layout of Cheviot hill, the yard and parts to the west. Never seen the layout or if it still exists or ever did. Would be nice to see.
I've got some pictures that others have sent me and books of Cheviot Hill and the Yard. Check out C&O Historical Society web page. They have pictures of the yard area. You've probably already seen it but check out http://www.k8dti.com/ this site has photos of whats left of Cheviot Hill/Cheviot Yard.
The guy from the photo and hobby store puts on his slide show from time to time. I have not seen it though sadly.
I remember riding my bike to Swallens and watching the action too. Fun times :-D .

#241999  by shwango

Yeah, I guess after the trains stopped, those droppings got rather ugly. k8dti.com is a great resource and have been there many times - didn't see any pics from Cheviot Yard/Hill there, though. The C&O site has a couple neat shots, too. Over all, though, there's not much about Cheviot Yard and the trestle on the web. I did find some info in a book from the library - one of the volumes of Trackside on the C&O or something like that - "West End" I think was the subtitle - neat book. I haven't had a chance to see if the Cincy RR guys at the Union Terminal have anything in their library.
 #242244  by cw cabin

There is a book by Kevin N. EuDaly and Eugene L. Huddleston. It's called The Chesapeake & Ohio Railway. Features the West End: PM District, ChicagoDivision and the Cincinnati & Russell Divisions.
This book has alot of pictures of Cheviot Hill (bridges) and yard area. Makes for nice reading. Tons of color pictures and info. If you've never seen it, you got to get it. :-D

#244913  by shwango

Yup, that's the book I mentioned in my previous post. I don't have the book, but I got it out of library. Very good stuff!
 #322523  by cw cabin

I see that the old C&O of Indiana is getting some much neede trackwork. The state of Ohio is kicking in 500,000 for the 22 miles of track in Ohio and Indiana Eastern is putting up 200,000 of it's own for the trackwork in Indiana. I thought I read somewhere that the state of Indiana was helping out with the Indiana portion. The 2 customers that use the track in Fernald are expanding their operations. There is to be a new trustle built, and a turnaround track. Also the state of Ohio is trying to get the Seagrams Distillery to move to the line. The state is trying to bring more business in to use this line. Well it's about time.
 #623175  by signalman939

I'm very interested in the CC&L and all of the history. I grew up in Marion Indiana (50's and 60's) and I would like to see some photos of this line from Peru to Cincinnati. I'm also interested as to when they elevated the track threw Marion. I've searched everything and there is very little history about the CC&L. One question, how did they connect to Louisville?

Thank you