Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #39927  by Rick F.

Just saw this engine in Dennison, Ohio. Man, is it in rough shape. Looks like its ready for the scrap yard. It has been completely stripped of parts. It would be nice to see a cosmetic restoration.
Rick

#59763  by msernak

I also took a good look at this engine. It even had a yellow jacket's nest in one of the open pipes. Does anyone know who owns this engine and what are the plans if any? I looked at the interior two years ago and it looked like there was some post retirement work done to it. How about the 2716? I saw this run during the late 70's and was very impressed.

#72514  by CIOR

2716 is just setting in Kentucky going to waste. When the Fort Wayne group returned her she was just parked and that was that. She last ran at the Iron Horse festival in Logansport Indiana in 96' I believe.
The museum at North Judson Indiana is working on the last K4 #2789.
I use to know who owned the 2700, but I can't recall now.