Railroad Forums 

• Bucyrus Depot

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#62953  by WNYRailfan

I took a trip yesterday from Toledo to Carey, Bucyrus, Crestline, Galion, and Marion.

If any of you have not seen the Bucyrus T&OC depot or have not seen it recently, the restoration is coming along nicely. I spent about an hour talking with some of the members of the Bucyrus Preservation Society about the station and some history of the depot. In talking with some of the members, they admitted that they do not have any interior photos from the past to look at. If anyone has any interior photos from the early 1900's please let me know.

I took some exterior and interior photos and I will post them on my website IF anyone is INTERESTED.

#62969  by matt

Yes, very interested, please give us a link. Thanks.

#64225  by Drawhead

WNYRailfan, Thank's for sharing the photo's of the Bucyrus depot!I like the interior photo's of the ceiling and fireplace.It must have been quite a pristine depot in it's day.I run by there on the NS each trip i make and am amazed at the progress that has been made.They are really coming along with the restoration! Last trip when i went by all of the outside scafolding had been removed.I have never been inside of the depot so it is nice to see some interior shots of the building.If anyone is down around Bucyrus they should deffinately stop by and take a look.The building looks great! you might even get to see some NS trains going by.