Railroad Forums 

• Bruce Kantner Books

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#45716  by Reading Company Crusader

I just recieved word that one of the long awaited books that contains the Kantner brothers photograph's is out. Although this book covers the PRR in central Pa it should compliment the second book to be published by Morning Sun with pictures on the Reading with the Kantner brothers photo's. The three previous books published by Railroad Avenue Enterpises with the Kantner brothers photo's they are also worth having copies of.

Just some worthy news to mention above.

And before somebody asks " What does this have to do with the Reading & Northern?"

Bruce has made friends with many employees on the RBM&N from the start who was always out there to take pictures of trains and to share them later. We always referred to him as a fellow employee on the R&N when I was there.

CEW

#46129  by RDG Mallet

Ahhh, Great news. I will have to get a copy ASAP.

Hey, to elaborate on Crusader's "What does this have to do with the RBMN":

Many of the photos that Bruce and Arch took are on the same trackage the RBMN operates today!!! :wink: :-)

Mike

READING COMPANY: Gone but not forgotten 1833-1976: "AMERICA'S LARGEST ANTHRACITE CARRIER"

#47831  by RBMN-ENGR.

[quote="RDG Mallet"]

Many of the photos that Bruce and Arch took are on the same trackage the RBMN operates today!!! :wink: :-)

Same rail, ties & ballast too!! :-)

#47929  by RDG Mallet

I will be goin to visit Bruce tommorrow and I will get a peek at the new book. More info after I see it. :wink:

Mike

READING LINES "BEE LINE SERVICE"

#47935  by RBMN-ENGR.

RDG Mallet wrote:I will be goin to visit Bruce tommorrow and I will get a peek at the new book. More info after I see it. :wink:

Mike

READING LINES "BEE LINE SERVICE"

We'll be waiting with bader (Baaaahhh!) I mean baited breath! :-)

#48595  by RDG Mallet

Well, I got to see it. If u are a PENNSY fan it is a MUST have. The book content is about 50-60% Kantner photographs. All the photography is beautiful.

The range of PRR territory covered in this book is vast but is almost all in PA. Enola, "The Curve", Shamokin, Harrisburg, Altoona, Sunbury line, just to name a few areas. And the book includes a small section of Schuylkill Valley branch photos. However, these photos are of great interest and even a bit suprising. (My main reason for purchasing the book)

The whole book is in color of coarse and covers the steam to diesel transition era (mid 1940s) to about 1976. Lots of great photos and details included and even some foreign railroad activity included. NYC Lightning stripes in PA fall foliage. Very nice. :wink:

Anyhow, I am grabbing my copy ASAP. :-)

Mike

READING COMPANY "AMERICA'S LARGEST ANTHRACITE CARRIER"

#48609  by Reading Company Crusader

Mikey,
Thanks for the report, I'll go out and fetch my copy when time permits.

Did Bruce mention of when the next book will be out?

We'll be waiting for the Do All Di____ (D.A.D.) report BLAAAAH!

CEW

#48976  by RDG Mallet

Crusader:

I asked Bruce about the "Reading Company" book. However, he has no idea about the release of that book. Hopefully it will be soon. :wink:

Mike

READING COMPANY "AMERICA'S LARGEST ANTHRACITE CARRIER"