Railroad Forums 

• Boston Line CP 24

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#78791  by octr202

I don't know how close this is to what CSXT uses on the B&A, but I just saw this picture on nerail:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?pho ... bydate%3A3

#78916  by CSX Conductor

Good job on your research Octr, yes that is the white 'C Light' that I was referring to when explaining NORAC Rule 280-a. :-)

#79018  by CRail

its pretty much the same except for the backboard, which is an insignifigant difference from your shot. nice find!

Anyone have one where the light is on?

#101545  by CRail

ok, now i have a shot with the C-board on. It is kinda lousy (taken from a distance).

The engine had a cab signal failure so they lit the c-board to clear it into framingham. For those of you who know the area they were traveling east bound on the B&A and had a penalty application just west of CP-24. Thats where they lit the board. They were just going to framingham so they did not have far to go.

The aspect on the other two lights remained the same and the white light just began to blink.

I'll post the photo as soon as it is up on nerail! I just have to transfer it from my camera at some point.

#103528  by CRail

Here she is:

#103571  by CSX Conductor

Looks like an ordinary "No trespssing" sign to me. LOL :P

Too bad you couldn't get closer to the signal for a better shot. :(

Looking at the picture, it actually looks like that could be an "Approach Slow" indication.

#103784  by CRail

It is approach. (steady yellow over red) the red isnt very visable though, the white light is flashing between the other to giving the "clear to next interlocking" indication. It would be nice if i got closer :(