Railroad Forums 

• Bloomer Line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#7960  by MR77100

The Bloomer Line was formed in 1985 to operate a former IC branch of the same name. They currently own the line from Kempton to Colfax, but I remember reading somewhere about them buying the whole line from Hersher to Barnes. When were the pieces to Barnes and Hersher torn up, and did Bloomer ever run on them? Also, one of the Bloomer's high-nose geeps is missing. I didn't see it in Gibson City last week with the others.

#44274  by Hoosierailnut

R they still even in buisness anymore????
I looked at Rail Americas map for the TPW and it isnt even on the map anymore!!
Whats up with that? :(

#44470  by AmtrakFan

Wasan't their talk last Year or the Year Before about them selling the TPW the Whole Thing I know they sold all of it West of Peoria.

AmtrakFan

#55225  by route_rock

West of Peoria went to the Keoukuk Jct I think I didnt know it was off the RA map!Wow times they are changing hu?

#55629  by Hoosierailnut

Also heard a rumor that the line was bought by a scrapper as well.
Anyone else hear this rumor??
 #55704  by bn13814

A &K Railroad Materials was forced to sell the West End track back to TP&W because of violations of common carrier service obligations. The West End remains in place though with no regular service at present. KJRY wants to buy but they haven't been able to force a sale as of yet.

The Bloomer Line is alive and well, having gained another grain elevator as a customer (Alliance Grain's Gibson City-West elevator in 2002. The spur comes off the NS but BLOL switches it.).

DPJ