Railroad Forums 

• Bellport Ave. crossing

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #936437  by Teutobergerwald

I found myself unexpectedly out in Yaphank today and crossed over the Main Line at Bellport Avenue. As I crossed the track, I noticed on either side of the crossing, signals, one facing eastbound and other westbound. The face of the signals is not visible, so I couldn't tell what they displayed. Anybody know more about these, or have pictures they can post? I thought the Main Line was dark territory east of Ronkonkoma. Thanks.
 #937130  by tahawus84

The one east of the crossing has been there forever. The one just west of the crossing is new within the last month. I asked about it on the brookhaven forum and it seems that it is related to that project.