Railroad Forums 

• Bay Colony Millis Line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1563126  by mrj1981

Would someone please provide an update on this line? I’m assuming the update is that there is no update.... but one never knows.

Thanks in advance!
 #1563240  by craven

Stopped by last week...1701 still sitting by the Medfield Waste Treatment Plant looking for work..I need to stop by Island Road to see if the unloading area is plowed out....The Framingham Secondary has had welded rail installed this past year and replaced stick rail is piled high at the stgging area on West Mill St.... Hopefully the cement tanker cars are due soon.
 #1563292  by MaineCoonCat

craven wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:02 am Hopefully the cement tanker cars are due soon.
Is Tresca going to be receiving via rail from Thomaston (Dragon) there again?
 #1563312  by craven

Cement deliveries were rumered late last year when the tresle was rebuilt along with a possible transformer move.

Checked the off-loading area at Island Rd. The road is plowed but the area next to the tracks is still sow covered.
 #1563362  by Cosmo

To be accurate, those kinda pigs have been FLYING this year! XD
 #1564620  by MaineCoonCat

Someone needs to tell 'em that 1073 Main St, Millis, MA -isn't- between Grafton and Upton at a Solar Farm.

https://www.baycolonyrailroad.com/prope ... -ma-02054/
 #1564621  by MaineCoonCat

WHOA!!! They now appear to have a Facebook Page! How "official" this is, is anyone's guess.. I'd question it.

Click either blue link to go to the page. Image does not link to page.

https://www.facebook.com/Bay-Colony-Railroad-Corporation-108274804509991/
 #1564940  by MaineCoonCat

One way to find out, I guess..

Don't touch that dial!

#1566044  by craven

Stopped by to see the 1701 today. She's still looking for work ! If Tresca is going to use this line for Cement deliveries, something should be arriving soon.

Roger..Over and Out!
 #1566072  by MaineCoonCat

If that Facebook page is "official ", then there's not much happening, there..

#1566308  by MaineCoonCat

Just thinking.. This ad is on their Facebook Page. Are they considering using the line for railcar storage?

I bet that'd thrill the local citizenry to no end..

↓↓↓ Link to ad ↓↓↓

=AZVCw2mej0r_EkZfIL8U7IOLMiDoxvSGU8OVfaC4LHchGY2wlLKNyDIUj5D3lgRoFHS80REqtQTWkVz_RUUoqm28UBDTmjkmJGkE1CVeSP8ojME-p9_BEoGFhL66hl70vRhMdRKnkH3JuV1uva7BTrXH&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R]
 #1566309  by jjoyce1

They used my pic without permission and yes, that's my thought, using the Millis branch for car storage. Unless there's a breakdown with Dragon's barge there's no economic reason to rail portland cement from Thomaston to Millis. Maybe fly ash will move this year, that material is more of a moving target depending on where it's being produced, its quality, and demand/supply balance in the area.

JAJ
 #1566354  by craven

Fly Ash is being distributed by the Grafton & Upton out of their Hopedale Yard, Couple of years ago they had two silos installed and have rail service supporting this operation.