• Bay Colony Millis Line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by craven

Update: Sat. 30 Sep.

Looks like a re-numbered car CAIX 95622

waiting to be off-loaded by Island Road.

NAHX 94682
NAHX 93593
NAHX 93479
NAHX 320136
NAHX 320203
TILX 30867
NAHX 94731
NAHX 94722
NAHX 94232

Empty's spotted by the switch waiting to be picked up.

No other action on the line to the EX- GAF distribution building other than the new replacement switchstand.
  by craven

Update: Sat. 07 Oct.

Line is clear of any cars

1701 resting in her nest.
  by craven

Update: Sat. 14 Oct

NAHX 93954
NAHX 94254
NAHX 94723
NAHX 94010

These are the same NAHX Cars delivered ~10 Sept.

Wonder if that means (15) additional are on there way this week.

1701 resting in her nest
  by GP40MC1118

Look for an oddball load coming soon...

D
  by NYNE

I spotted Mass Coastal GP-50 2010 leading some Mass Dot ballast cars on Oct. 17. They were loading the cars at West Mill Street in Medfield with a front end loader around mid-day. I caught up with the whole train at Walpole Jct. late in the afternoon and followed it north to Medfield center. The train was moving at a crawl as the cars were discharging frest ballast on either side of the roadbed. I took some photos I will post to my blog when I get a chance. They were also pulling a nice New York Central bay window caboose.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

MC's under contract to MassDOT for Framingham Secondary and Middleboro Secondary rehab work, so they get to play with the state's brand new ballast cars.
Last edited by MEC407 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by Cosmo

The caboose must have come I from the Old Colony museum in Fall River.
I wish I knew where it was headed.
  by GP40MC1118

It's now privately owned and is staying in Massachusetts. Should be getting rehabbed
over the winter down in Hyannis. So says "Rumor Control".

D
  by GP40MC1118

The 1701 might get a wake-up call Friday...

D
  by Cosmo

GP40MC1118 wrote:It's now privately owned and is staying in Massachusetts. Should be getting rehabbed
over the winter down in Hyannis. So says "Rumor Control".

D
Huh.... could it have gone someplace for work?
  by GP40MC1118

Not sure I understand your question, but caboose was bought from the museum by a private
individual. Now on loan to Mass Coastal as a shoving platform for the MDOT work on the Framingham/Mansfield line.
I think the MDOT work train is kept in Mansfield yard or Walpole when not working.

When that's done, its rumored to be wintering on the Cape and will get some needed attention.

D
  by charding

...in fact, I was in Walpole this weekend for my high school reunion...visited my favorite station...noticed the ballast train plus caboose in the Walpole yard...also of interest, the station is now open again in the morning for passengers to buy coffee, etc...nice to see...had not been opened for years...still waiting for the National Historic Registry plaque to show up on the station...hoping before the Kraft commuter line from Gillette starts up...
  by GP40MC1118

Surprise, the 1701 got a surprise wake up call today. That oddball load (s) must have
come in.

D
  by craven

Update: Sun. 22 Oct

TILX 31169
TILX 31170

Empties by Island Road

NAHX 320319
NAHX 94555
NAHX 93723
CRDX 3081

by GP40MC1118

The 1701 worked today!

Rumor is more cars coming Friday...

D