Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

#21194  by modorney

Anybody want to do a meetup? A meetup is a monthly get together at a local eatery, usually held the same time every month - like second Tuesdays, etc.

Of course, it should be on a rail line - BART, Muni, Caltrain, ACE, Cap Corr,...

Here's some ideas - Caltrain's baby bullet starts soon.

VTA's light rail extension opens in a month.

SFO has a handy food court, right next to the BART station

San Francisco's Rincon center is a short walk from Embarcadero - BART and Muni station. (Food courts are nice, since it allows people to brown bag if they don't feel like spending money.)

Summers are handy, they allow interns (BART and other systems have a few) to visit. Also, places like Jack London Square are populated and well-lit.

Just for starters, I'll toss out Kapp's Pizza, on Castro, in Mountain View. That's near VTA and Caltrain.
 #31918  by transitteen

I'm back...

If anyone could organize something I'd be more than happy to go. I am an intern again so time is limited, however it might be nice to do something every once in a while. There are lots of places to see and lots of things to talk about on the trains. Sure to bring up good conversation.

- Chris

#66298  by modorney

Hi, Palal - are you still out there?

#66304  by transitteen

Haven't heard from Palal in a while ever since the WM Baker & Associates board went down. It seems like ever since that main board went down things have gotten quiet. They have a new board, however it has a few bugs so no one is registered. Hopefully sometime soon there will be another central board where people can frequently post things such as questions or what not so everyone can regroup again and have a more consistant forum.

- Chris

#66537  by modorney

Good to hear from you, Chris. I bumped into Palal, twice, on an SFO train. I mentioned to him about this forum, he wasn't aware of it. The tree of us seem to be the most active on the forums.

WM Baker was handy, I'm glad it's coming back. I tried to join, but got errors. Must be a glitch, I'll try later.

#66584  by Palal12

Yeah, I'm back as well... Had trouble with registering on both boards, but everything seems to be working, more or less.

#116448  by modorney

Anybody want to do a meetup?

How about a weekday, at lake merritt BART ? About noon?

#116715  by Palal12

Weekday? That may work only on Tues/Thur. for me. Don't know if it'll work for anyone else.

#117205  by djQFI

I'd be down for a meetup on Fri/Sat/Sun (my RDOs).