Railroad Forums 

• Assistant Conductor NJT Pre-Employment Test 2017

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1428975  by cdbullandbear

Hi there,

I received my letter from NJ Transit last week and plan on taking off a few days off in order to study up. May I ask some of you who have recently taken the test what I should brush up on? Ive researched pre-employment test online and have found a few but nothing railroad specific. I'm curious to know what types of math I should study. IE Ratios, +,-,x,% fractions, etc. I would suppose that there are word problems on how to make change ($) and units. Aside from math may I ask what other types of things do they test for? Would you know how many questions there are for the 2hr test?

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this. This is a very special opportunity-- especially nowadays. Im sure you all understand what is riding on this.

Respectfully,

Chris
 #1429609  by matawanaberdeen

I don't know but I bet its the same as the signal maintainer test I took minus the electronics part. Math, reading comprehension, and a mechanical skills test, but conductor might have another test in place of the electronics part on the electronics test. Maybe a personality test in place of electronics? You are dealing with passengers. Good luck, let me know how it turns out, just PM me if you like.