Railroad Forums 

• Anynews to report on Route 15 return to light rail.

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#81154  by braves

Anynews to report on Route 15 return to light rail in 2005 & if the parking issues have or have not been resolved along 59th St. If the parking issues haven't been resolved yet, will Route 15 come out of Elmwood Division until the parking issues are resolved.
 #81347  by JeffK

braves wrote:Any news (anynews) to report on Route 15 return to light rail in 2005 & if the parking issues have or have not been resolved along 59th St. If the parking issues haven't been resolved yet, will Route 15 come out of Elmwood Division until the parking issues are resolved.
AFAIK the route is still in limbo. Given the current focus on plugging the budget gap and the Street Administration's deafening silence on so many SEPTA issues, I doubt much will happen to Route 15, at least in the next few months.

#81401  by jfrey40535

Only thing I heard is grumblings about Elmwood. Next schedule change is in Feb? (or Jan 23)? That would be the only time they would attempt to do it. I've heard zilch on the Callowhill issue, so I think its a dead issue at this point.

Its sad the new PCC's have been used more for excursions and railfan tours than, well ever for real service. I've done alot of hollering and screaming to state reps, PennDot folks and of course the SEPTA heirarchy. No one seems to care or get upset that we spent $60mil for squat. What gives?