Railroad Forums 

• Any videos of L&HR anywhere?

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#318118  by Railjourner

Just picked up the Boyd/Antz book last weekend while out at Strasburg and I think its great and enjoying it very much but I was hoping to also find some video footage of the L&HR. They had videos on just about every other RR in the world except the L&HR. Stopped in to Mark1 video in Washington and he said he didn't have anything on the L&HR (said he didn't like the L&HR because of the color of the locos, strange fellow). Does anyone know if there is any film footage of the L&HR? Thanks.

#318195  by njmidland

Supposedly, the L&HR had a movie made sometime in the 1950's about the change from steam to diesel. When the assests of the L&HR were auctioned off at the Warwick headquarters in 1982, two movies reels went for a lot of money - over $200 I recall.

Since then I have never seen this movie surface again.

#318454  by Marty Feldner

This topic was covered here a couple of years back

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=478

As for Mark I Video, I'm not sure I understand the answer you got; though not exclusively L&HR, their "Memories of Eastern Steam Vol. II" video tape has about 1/3 of it devoted to a late '30's fantrip over the NH and L&HR, from New York City to Warwick and return, through Maybrook and over the Poughkeepsie Bridge. The tape is now half of a two-part DVD consiting of Vol. I and Vol. II, available from their website:

http://unix8.sunserver.com/mark1video/- ... Detail.bok

That 50's movie is a new one on me. I missed the auction (had to work that day), but I'll check with some of my contacts. (Could this be the mysterious 'fan' from Philly who made a lot of L&HR stuff disappear during that time frame?)

#318481  by Railjourner

Thanks for the responses guys. I did pick up today at the Allentown train show a couple of the videos mentioned in the older "videos" thread and I can't wait to check them out, but I sure was hoping there was an entire dvd on the L&H. Oh well... Hope some day that change from steam to diesel film turns up.