Railroad Forums 

• Antique Equipment brokers?

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

#188361  by Komachi

Okay, here's a "not sure where to post this" post, so Railpac or Otto, if you want to move this to a more appropriate forum, feel free to do so.

I'm a member of my hometown historical society, and we're restoring a 1903 vintage grain elevator (as it represents the agricultural roots and "heart" of our city's economy) and hope to relay the two tracks of the Minnesota & Southern (part of the Milwaukee Road) next to the elevator. We are strongly considering placing some equipment on those tracks, preferably a steel boxcar and/or a caboose (and preferably of MILW heritage).

Somebody told our president that there was some old MILW equipment down in Olwein, IA, but Olwein was a shop complex for the Chicago & Great Western/Chicago & Northwestern, so I think it's mostly CGW/C&NW stuff down there.

So, my question is, does anyone know of any equipment brokers in Minnesota, Iowa or Wisconsin that would have any old MILW equipment that we could possibly aquire/have donated?

Again, my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

#188986  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

Try rypn.org a month ago there was a discussion about a fella who owned alot of Milw equipment.