Railroad Forums 

• another colorized B&W photo

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#191546  by CAR_FLOATER

All bow to the mighty Scottychaos!

Nice job....Are you ready to pass out from all that work? It looks like it took you a while to do!

Ralph

#191610  by GOLDEN-ARM

Nice one, Scot. Looks EXACTLY like the model, sitting on my desk, right now, except the canvas cab awning, and wind deflectors are present on mine. If you are so inclined, the "as delivered" 112 had white tire rims, on the wheels. Hand painted, and visible only for a scant few months, they sure look sharp, when viewed in proper lighting! I am now waiting for the Baldwin, and Alco switcher, pre-war delivery shots, when you colorize them, as well. Regards :wink:

#192181  by scottychaos

aw shucks..thanks guys!
you are too kind...

I never put the entire collection in one place, so here it is!

you may notice something a little odd about the next one! :wink:
I was thinking "what if the LV got a few PRR T-1's and streamlined them?"
the result! :P

and then there are the LV SD70's..
these arent colorized B&W photos, but are re-worked modern color photos:
http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/LVRR_SD70.html

Scot
 #192724  by Matt Langworthy

Great artistry, Scot! Could you colorize a Wyoming and post it here?
 #192746  by scottychaos

Matt Langworthy wrote:Great artistry, Scot! Could you colorize a Wyoming and post it here?
thanks Matt,
I will work on a Wyoming!

Scot

#192777  by Andyt293

Great Job!! Thanks for letting those of us "born too late" experience just a little bit of how things were (in color!!).

#192875  by GRSJr

GREAT SHOT, Scott. Thanks. I sure wish LV had kept the early multicolor paint scheme, although the Yellowjackets look real nice.

I guess a better wish is that the Lehigh Valley Railroad still existed and is profitable too.