• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ApproachMedium

There should be no less than 16-18 units at one time running for the moment. Possibly more. I saw the 621 on a train the other day.
  by Greg Moore

ApproachMedium wrote:There should be no less than 16-18 units at one time running for the moment. Possibly more. I saw the 621 on a train the other day.
Awesome!
  by Gilbert B Norman

Please excuse if this has been previously addressed, but do these ACS 64 locomotives sing "Do Re Me" such as did the Siemens power I noted when overseas last July?

Signed; Curious
  by Matt Johnson

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Please excuse if this has been previously addressed, but do these ACS 64 locomotives sing "Do Re Me" such as did the Siemens power I noted when overseas last July?

Signed; Curious
From what I recall, it's more of a single pitch change as it gets moving, much like the ALP-46.
  by gregorygrice

From a source: Expect one on the Keystone tomorrow...
  by ApproachMedium

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Please excuse if this has been previously addressed, but do these ACS 64 locomotives sing "Do Re Me" such as did the Siemens power I noted when overseas last July?

Signed; Curious
No but if you push the picture of the Flag on the MFD screens it plays the USA National Anthem out of the rear cab wall speakers. And No, I am not freaking kidding.
  by jackintosh11

ApproachMedium wrote:

Signed; Curious
No but if you push the picture of the Flag on the MFD screens it plays the USA National Anthem out of the rear cab wall speakers. And No, I am not freaking kidding.
Seriously? Why?
  by Fan Railer

Matt Johnson wrote:

Signed; Curious
From what I recall, it's more of a single pitch change as it gets moving, much like the ALP-46.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_1J4_IRHpo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by ApproachMedium

jackintosh11 wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:

Signed; Curious
Seriously? Why?

I have no idea I dont work for siemens I just work for amtrak and push all the buttons.
  by emd645e3

jackintosh11 wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:

Signed; Curious
Seriously? Why?
Why not? I just heard about this for the first time today. Also heard about a Sprinter being used in Keystone service tomorrow.
  by Gilbert B Norman

A bit OT, but regarding my earlier and repeatedly captioned posting, here is a Siemens electric locomotive 'singing" from "The Sound of Music" (@6:44) - coincidentally in Salzburg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePGB82IKMDs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(hope one does not mind the videographer verbally foaming with his two word vocabulary of "awesome" and "cool")

Mr. Fanrailer's video established that the ACS-64's are "Johnny one-notes" (even if I was in Greenwich last month, I had little time for railviewing. Saw an M-8 train at New Rochelle while passing by on the 95, but that was all).
  by ngotwalt

623 left Chicago on the Cardinal, 624 might follow on Thursday night, depends on the NS situation.
Cheers,
Nick
  by Dookie

An ACS went East yesterday in push mode on the Keystone Corridor. Couldn't see the unit number.