Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1581502  by njtmnrrbuff

With hourly NER service planned to Richmond Main Street within the next decade, that means that a lot for NER trains will be continuing south of DC so the dual powered trainsets will be used to the maximum-used at least hourly from BOS-RVM and even some going to the Hampton Roads region. There will eventually be more Carolinians added to the schedule-years from now.
 #1586479  by CNJGeep

662 has been wrapped in Phase III sponsoring Train Sim World 2 and will be making a debut on Train 176 today.
 #1586486  by NaugyRR

Was just about to post this.

Here's the link to the Train Sim article. The unit looks great in Phase III, I think Phase IV NE Direct would be a good fit too. Maybe Bachmann will do a run in HO.

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/tra ... -with-tsw2
 #1586833  by CSRR573

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:59 pm the 662 been shopped since Saturday in Boston. As of noon today, 12/13, the 662 was sitting outside S&I 1 on the west end
Crew Toilet was leaking pretty badly. Up close the wrap is AWFUL. Already peeling off all edges, the openings for safety decals looks like a 2 year old cut them with safety scissors, the center sections on the nose arent even with the sides. I dont expect this to last too long
 #1586863  by eolesen

Very fitting that it's buggy considering it's for TSW....

Still a fan of the MSTS/ORTS platform. Mostly free unless you choose to invest in payware, and there's none of that DLC nonsense or requirement for a Steam account needed...
 #1587341  by SRich

ApproachMedium wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:17 am The siemens USA people have no idea what they are doing. They have no history with siemens prior to the ACS. I dont think they even understand railroads. We are on version 11.4 which is the worst version of the software yet. There is only a handfull of locos with this, and now its various versions of that as well. Version 10 used to be able to talk to other version 10s, 11 could lead a 10 but not trail one. Now it seems like whatever sub software they did on the IO stations has broken the ability to talk between machines, but somehow works with cabcars.

Theres also too many issues to deal with at once. There are other underlying issues i cannot discuss related to rules, other host railroads etc that are causing even more chaos with whats being programmed in the software. the nonsense needs to stop. Its a locomotive. It needs to locomote and not be doing all this excess thinking. Ive demanded numerious times that the software version 11 locos be turned back to version 10. There is not a single engineer out there that likes the newest version.
Mr AM, why doesn't demand Amtrak that Siemens software engineers from Europe are on the case. I have no doubt that it can be helpful.