Railroad Forums 

• Adirondack Scenic equipment update?

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#6075  by Otto Vondrak

Will rolling stock and locomotive assignments be the same again this year? Was wondering what will become of the Metro-North F's and the Alco Centuries?

-otto-
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#9811  by N_DL640A

Probably will be the same.
The ex-MNR F-10 will operate as usual, but the FL-9s will never run again.

#9997  by scottychaos

Any news on C420 2064?
I read in another thread that she was possibly sold?
anyone know whats up with her?
thanks,
Scot

#10113  by N_DL640A

Yes, 2064 (a locomotive leased by the Adirondack Scenic RR) was sold, as was mentioned in a post on the Alco forum. The buyer will likely continue to lease it to the railroad, at least for the time being.

The F-10 (ADIX 1502) operates with leased F-7 #1508 between Utica and Thendara on the Utica train. It has taken the place of F-7 #1500 as the 1500 is very worn and basically needs new control wiring, power cabling, and prime mover work or replacement.

#10609  by The Man

Only time will tell on the 2064.. They don't even have a lease on the 8223 at this point. More to be done before that happens.

JJ

#10922  by The Man

I was over to Rome today for work and saw the 1502 has been painted in a Gray, Blue and siver paint job. Looks to be a mix of the paint jobs on the 1500 and the 1508 as well as the MNCR paint job. And it looks good!!

JJ

#10951  by Don

How accessable are the F's (1500/1508/1502) for decent photos?
Don

#12548  by The Man

The time has come for the 2064 to make it's final trip out of the shop in Rome, NY. On the 12th the unit was taken to the yard and dropped for the MHWA to deliver to the NYSW. I was asked by the owner to add AEI tags and reporting marks. I guess that is the end of the C-420 on the ADCR.

JJ

#12658  by scottychaos

where is 2064 going??
Scot

#12807  by scottychaos

Over on the LV forum, Joshua said:

"408, formerly ADCX 2064 and now VLIX 2064, will soon be headed to a new home in TN from Utica, NY."

I looked up VLIX, and all I could find out is that they are called "Vintage Locomotive"..
where in Tenn could she going?
anyone heard of VLIX before??
interesting!
Scot

#13084  by The Man

Well, when it gets where it is going all will know what is going on. I cannot say anymore than that. I can say I put the tags and marks on and the unit is not going back to ADCR. As to it going to TN. I wish I knew more.

JJ
 #13372  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

More than likely going to the Southeast Applachia Railway Museum in TN, where the current owner also has a locomotive.

#13404  by O-6-O

Will it be restored to its original LV 408 grey/yellow scheme? PC black
does not make it on this fine engine.

STEAM ON