Railroad Forums 

• Actual railroads in video games?

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#110781  by The RailMan

I remember the old arcade game (and for N64) Cruisin USA. I think the level was "Death Valley" or something like that, and you had to beat the train to the crossing more than once.

In Cruisin World, you can drive through New York, and while on the highway, you can see the NYCTA Redbirds off to the side if my memory serves correct.

#508953  by Death Star

Also in Crusin USA there were Metra trains you drove by too! And the screens don't show the SD7 units in A.P.B.

#508957  by Death Star

shortlinerailroader wrote:Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is set in "California" and "Nevada". In addition to various types of vehicles you can board and drive a train consisting of an F40PH and two Superliner cars. It is silver and lettered "Brown Streak Railroad" (I wwonder what the programmers think of Amtrak?). If you go too fast you will derail and there is no horn.
also there is an EMGED, GEEMD or shall I say EMD/GE crossbreed frieght locomotive. The locomotive body is an SD40-2 while the trucks and fuel tankers are that of a GE Dash9 or AC440CW.