Railroad Forums 

• A Necessary Task

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1599489  by 2nd trick op

I've enjoyed the participation here at railroad.net for over twenty years, and while I'm not as active as was once the case, I've often cited, and posted links to the discussions here when a subject of more general interest turns up.

But time keeps moving on, and recent hospitalization and surgery have served to remind me that no one among us is a permanent fixture, and that to keep the collection of books, magazines, employees' timetables and other railroadiana I've accumulated over nearly seventy years from ending up in a landfill, I'm going to need some help.

Accordingly, I'd like to hear from one or two of the younger (age 50 or less) members here who might share our common interest, and could be contacted by my lawyer/executor in the event I became incapacitated or was "taken off the board" on short notice, (I would, of course, expect that person to be compensated, whether monetarily, or in the "pick of the litter" among my collection) -- please PM me at your convenience.
 #1599518  by toolmaker

I enjoy reading your posts. I am well over 50 myself so I hope someone shows interest in your offer. Wishing you a speedy recovery and I hope to see you around for more years to come.