Railroad Forums 

• 67 out of 70 ACS-64s in Service

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1600422  by Silverliner5

So i heard on Instagram from someone that there are only 67 ACS-64s in operational condition but I know 2 which are currently out of service does anyone know which third ACS-64 is out of service?
 #1600425  by Pensyfan19

Not sure which one, but could this be for routine maintenance?
 #1600455  by John_Perkowski

As I read the wiki, 2 units have been involved in lethal wrecks. So my first question is are those units sitting at Bear for evidence collection, and awaiting repair?
 #1600456  by mcgrath618

John_Perkowski wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:20 am As I read the wiki, 2 units have been involved in lethal wrecks. So my first question is are those units sitting at Bear for evidence collection, and awaiting repair?
I know the Frankford Junction trial only recently ended, so it can be hypothetically put back into service.

IIRC the unit that impacted a track gang is totaled and is being kept in Bear for spares (happy to be corrected if wrong).

Not sure about mystery Sprinter #3.
 #1600469  by ApproachMedium

627 the track wreck is wrapped in Wilmington for spares. Totaled, to be scrapped. The 601 is on a flat car in bear it is literally missing everything, including the trucks. SIemens is terrible with spare parts of the larger size. Both units are completely worthless. The 3rd unit is one of the side swipe wrecks likely. 649 and 662 were in the out of service/wreck list for a long time from accident/side swipe damage.