Railroad Forums 

• 40' Conrail Boxcar spotted in Jordon, NY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#56517  by SRS125

Hay All The Maintaince crws have started there 2ed day on the job replaceing the north rail on track 2 in Weedsport, NY. I took a trip to Jordon, NY and spotted a Gray Conrail 40' Boxcar no outher I.D. outher than a faded Car number.

Also sitting in Jordon are the follow:

Black CSX Gondola with Big SCL Letters in the center of the car. Letters are faded out you'll have to rill look to see the out line.

2 Conrail Gondolas re marked with NYC

1 Solid Gary Conrail boxcar has one end door on the B end of the car there is no outher markeing on the car outher than CR and faded out number that is just visable.

1 Ex Solid Gold Plug Door Boxcar

1 CSX Gondola solid Green with Yellow Trim around the top of car is this a fallen flag car of any kind??

And a 65' Flat with a 45' and 2' contanors on them both solid yellow with garge style doors cut into the sides of them.

#56572  by videobruce

It's not unusual to find older cars from former RR's with rail/tie gangs working in any of the M&W dept.
If you look hard enough there are still Penn Central cars floating around. The company equipment cars are the last to be painted if at all.........

#56589  by SRS125

I knew about MOW Cars being out and about in former colors I rember seeing an ex Reading 40' Box Car once in with a bunch of camp cars.