Railroad Forums 

• 2 year old child killed in Florida accident

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1412399  by Penn Central

This tragedy happened near me in Florida yesterday. There has been no reason given why the babysitter and her boyfriend were on the tracks with the 2 year old boy and his 4 year old sister. In my career, I had three accidents where suicide jumpers used my trains as their means of destruction. Two were successful and one had two legs severed. The engineer of this train will have to live with this image for the rest of his life. The babysitter who was holding the 2 year old boy survived the accident and authorities are considering charging her with negligence.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/CSX-tra ... 69615.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1412648  by mmi16

Normal CSX procedure for crews involved with incidents that involve fatalities is for the crew to get a 'Critical Incident Relief''; they are relieved of duty and a recrew is sent out for the train.