Railroad Forums 

• 2 CSX Commercials To Debut Soon!

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#454731  by SimTrains

New TV Ads in Production
News Archive

Released: Oct 09, 2007

CSX's new branding campaign has shifted into high gear, with the shooting of footage for two television commercials recently in the Atlanta area.

Working with CSXT operations employees, the company's advertising agency and film production company staged shoots across the city, using various locales to depict how CSX impacts everyday life.

Set to launch October 22, the commercials will unveil the "How Tomorrow Moves" campaign to a nationwide audience. The ads are now in the editing phase, with music and graphic elements to be added in.

Among the Atlanta locations filmed were a butcher shop, shoe store, subway station, kitchen, carwash, ice cream parlor, launderette, construction site and grocery store. In Rutledge, the crew filmed a moving CSX train. Another day's filming took place at TDSI in Lawrenceville.

The commercials were developed by the Mullen Agency of Winston-Salem, with production handled by Bob Industries of Los Angeles. Jason Smith served as director for the shoot.

Mullen also is preparing two print advertisements, which will begin appearing at the same time as the television commercials.
Ya'll better keep an eye out for those!

#454809  by Conrail4evr

They forgot the part about how derailments force everyone out of their homes and close off many roads, before CSX ultimately gives everyone affected a check for $100 :wink:. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

#454944  by conrail_engineer

Well, BP changed its back-name from "British Petroleum" to "Beyond Petroleum."

So, couldn't CSX change its name from whatever CSX was to stand for, to Crash/Smash/Xplode, for these commercials?

I couldn't resist, either.

#454985  by brickbuilder711

conrail_engineer wrote:Well, BP changed its back-name from "British Petroleum" to "Beyond Petroleum."

So, couldn't CSX change its name from whatever CSX was to stand for, to Crash/Smash/Xplode, for these commercials?

I couldn't resist, either.
LOL! :-D

Can't wait to laugh at CSX for their lies :-D

CSX DOES impact everyday life, but in a negative way! :P

Well, Folkston is an excepton. :wink:
 #455420  by coco60

It's a public relations act to soften the public when they ask the goverment for more of your tax money for massive improvements.

#455460  by Noel Weaver

There needs to be a major management shake up at CSX before they
ask for any money for anything.
Today CSX is the classic example of the policy of the railroads many years ago of "The Public be Damned".
We need to lobby our representatives in government at all levels NOT to
even consider one nickel for aid to CSX.
Noel Weaver

#459577  by Conrail1990

Just saw the commercials on csx's website. very dissapointing :( (in my opinion)

#459643  by brickbuilder711

I was disappointed :( I expected better, and the Auto Rack one is just wrong. Even the CSX Logos on the Auto Rack cars are shown incorrectly!

And the slogan, How Tomorrow Moves, is just wrong.

#459644  by Conrail1990

brickbuilder711 wrote:And the slogan, How Tomorrow Moves, is just wrong.
yup

#459662  by Amtrak700

saw them both csx should be embarassed, compared to any other RR ads, that was just nauseating

#459767  by CSX Conductor

I hate the new logo.....very cheap and cheesy. :(

#459870  by Gilbert B Norman

The first print ad I have observed appeared in Monday's New York Times.

The full page ad depicts a "tweenie" girl in her soccer team uniform tossing a soccer ball about. Dad is looking on.

The copy says "If you've ever wondered what's inside our rail cars, just look around your house".

CSX slogan now appears to be "how tomorrow moves".

#460074  by Noel Weaver

Gilbert B Norman wrote:The first print ad I have observed appeared in Monday's New York Times.

The full page ad depicts a "tweenie" girl in her soccer team uniform tossing a soccer ball about. Dad is looking on.

The copy says "If you've ever wondered what's inside our rail cars, just look around your house".

I think CSX ought to try to figure out how to do a better job TODAY before
they talk about tomorrow.
Noel Weaver

#460132  by spatcher

Noel Weaver wrote:
Gilbert B Norman wrote:The first print ad I have observed appeared in Monday's New York Times.

I think CSX ought to try to figure out how to do a better job TODAY before
they talk about tomorrow.
Noel Weaver
I see that you are somewhat jaded in you view of CSX. CSX made 407 Million in the 3rd quarter this year, which is not too bad. If you don't like CSX thats fine, but the bashing just to bash gets a little old.

#460165  by charlie6017

<--------- Reaching for my keys