Railroad Forums 

• 18 on Morristown Line this afternoon

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#55521  by 7 Train

This (Friday) afternoon, I saw 18 pull two charter passenger cars eastbound on the NJT Morristown Line at Madison at around 3:34. 18 was at the lead, with the two cars following (a Budd stainless coach and the blue opened platform car-forget its name). I heard the sounds of a train rumbling and looked up at the viaduct, expecting to see a NJT train, but was amazed to see this.

Where was it going? I would not expect a ME consist to be headed eastbound on the Morristown line.
 #55523  by Sandy Burton

See jhdeasy's post from yesterday. These cars were on their way to Amtrak. The blue car was the business car Ohio River, fresh out of the paint shop today. The other car was the Mount Vernon.

Sandy

#55561  by 7 Train

So I saw M & E 18 it on its way to New York to deliver the cars to the Cardinal?

Where would 18 drop off the cars? NY Penn Station? Sunnyside Yard? Or will AMTK 51 pick them up in Newark?

#55693  by Sirsonic

They would drop off the cars in the MMC in Kearny. From there an NJT crew will deliver the cars to Hudson to be picked up by an Amtrak crew for Sunnyside to be added to 51.

#56046  by Tri-State Tom

7 train -

" I would not expect a ME consist to be headed eastbound on the Morristown line. "

Occurs with a fair degree of regularity 7....the M&E goes back and forth to the MMC to retrieve or deliver cars....light engine moves not uncommon either.