Railroad Forums 

• Wrecking crane and what looks a wheel car at Lehman Place Strasburg RR.

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1630260  by Pat Fahey

Hi All
For the past couple of days I have been watching the Live Rail Camera's via the virtual railfan , on youtube.
They are two camera's one is at Strasburg, mounted on the Tower,, and the other is at the end of the line at Paradise.. or Lehman Place.. When the camera operator moves the camera, you can see a 250 ton wreck crane,, and wheel car, parked on the siding next to the run around track.. facing East.
Now my question, is the crane headed for the railroad museum across the road in Strasburg, or is it moving to a another location... Thank you Pat, Massachusetts.
 #1630270  by jwhite07

I've never been there in person, but that equipment has been sitting there for as long as I've known about that camera (a couple of years). I'm not sure they're there because they're slated to go someplace - may be just scenery for the adjacent little fenced in park (and passing Amtrak trains), or may be just a convenient place to store them?
 #1630919  by pdtrains

AFAIK..it is starsburg RR equipment that is being stored there. It may be usable, IDK. I think it used to be stored all the way at the end of the strasburg line track to the west (wesy of the strasbyrg station), where it was relatively inaccessable.
I was thinking they moved it to where it is, so it would be accessible, without being in the way. IDK. just a guess.