Railroad Forums 

• WNYP storing cars on Buffalo Line

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#597208  by NS59

As I was driving through Machias today i noticed that there where about 50 or so PLCX covered hoppers being stored of the siding there.
 #621538  by kf7strng

Hate to drag up an old topic, but I don't see a reason as to WHY this is being done. Is it because of the work at the olean yard? or is it just because there is no other place to store them?
 #621563  by howie729

One more question I have regarding the line in this area is why and when did they tear up track 2 at Renynolds Rd? I know that the line is not used but what is the reasoning for taking out the section of track?
 #621604  by NS59

They are most likely stored there for long term storage where they are out of the way. Plus, they can make a few $$$ out of an unused portion of the railroad by storing these cars for other companies.
 #621667  by Sandy Burton

howie729 wrote:One more question I have regarding the line in this area is why and when did they tear up track 2 at Renynolds Rd? I know that the line is not used but what is the reasoning for taking out the section of track?
Howie,

If I had to guess, I would say because it would lower their tax liability.

Sandy
 #622233  by Anchorman

howie729 wrote:One more question I have regarding the line in this area is why and when did they tear up track 2 at Renynolds Rd? I know that the line is not used but what is the reasoning for taking out the section of track?
Where's Reynolds Rd. on the Buffalo Line? Not ringin a bell as to the milepost. Thanks.