Railroad Forums 

• WNYP daylight activity?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#636734  by gravelyfan

Couple of out-of-towner questions

Could someone recap what daylight activity exists on the WNY&P system?

How often does a local run south out of Olean on the ex PRR - is it daylight or night service?

Saw the reference to a northbound DFT at Emporium at 530pm, have they DFT's been running south in daylight recently, or was this an oddball?

Thanks
 #636926  by kf7strng

Gravelyfan,
I cannot answer your question about Olean locals, but they were out again today in Emporium dropping off coal cars. this train was called at 7AM today, and left Emporium northbound at about 210 or so. This is the second train to run during the day since yesterdays. I have no reasoning behind this, and I believe that this route is on an "As needed" basis, and cannot really be considered a "daily" routine, at least not as far down as Driftwood. I have seen it now running at 2 in Emporium,, I have heard it at driftwood at 6PM, and Midnight or later.

That being said, the locals out of olean might run everyday, and I would bet on traffic increasing come summer, when turtlepoint stone gets up and running again Best bet is to keep an eye on the forums, and someone with more knowledge than me will help you out.