• Where are the C430s?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by scottychaos

How many of the C430's are still around?
I know of the 2 on the Livonia, Avon & Lakeville..any others still surviving?
any plans for them, other than scrapping? (for any others remaining except the 2 on the LAL I mean..the 2 on the LAL will be returned to service!..someday..)
thanks,
Scot

by cjvrr

Only two left, the others were scrapped long ago.

Chris

by The Man

Sorry guy's: There are five left.

Four at the LA&L, 3000, 3006, 431, 432.

One former GB&W one in the mid west. I cannot remember the name of the museum but I think the unit number was 316.

All the L&N ones went to the torch and the NYS&W cut the 3002 in 98. The 3008 and 3004 I do not know about. I was told the 3008 and the 2000 had hope and all the parts to go back into service but the NYS&W scraped them in Little Ferry in the late 80's.

JJ

by scottychaos

actually, I did mean only the NYSW C-430's..
but its good to know of the others still around too! :)

wow, LAL has 80% of the C430's in existance!

thanks!
Scot
  by Sandy Burton

C-430s #431 and #432 are now working on the WNY&P out of Falconer, NY. 3000 and 3006 are still sitting outside the LAL shops in Lakeville, NY. At least that was the status as of July 20th.

Sandy