Railroad Forums 

• MBTA's MPI HSP-46 Locomotives

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1325856  by dbperry

wouldn't someone notice the MBTA locomotives and question a move from Selkirk to Quebec? I can understand boxcars getting misdirected, and I can even understand freight locos getting misrouted, but I just think someone in the yard would say "hey wait a second..." when they see MBTA locos going to Canada...
 #1325859  by neman2

dbperry wrote:wouldn't someone notice the MBTA locomotives and question a move from Selkirk to Quebec? I can understand boxcars getting misdirected, and I can even understand freight locos getting misrouted, but I just think someone in the yard would say "hey wait a second..." when they see MBTA locos going to Canada...
I don't think anybody 20 miles or so outside of Rt 495 knows where a purple and silver locomotive with a giant "T" on it belongs. :)
 #1325904  by ACeInTheHole

dbperry wrote:wouldn't someone notice the MBTA locomotives and question a move from Selkirk to Quebec? I can understand boxcars getting misdirected, and I can even understand freight locos getting misrouted, but I just think someone in the yard would say "hey wait a second..." when they see MBTA locos going to Canada...
thats my thoughts.. It should be a red flag that they look different.. I didnt think the MC ending up in Chicago could be topped
 #1325909  by GP40MC1118

And again, this had nothing to do with Selkirk. The units were on a NS/CPR/PAR
routing. CSX was not involved this time.

It's not that an uncommon occurrence for locomotives in transit to be carried through
elsewhere instead of a freight having set them off, then turned back. Yes, its nuts!

Last I knew they were back in Rouses Point or Whitehall, NY...

D
 #1325921  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Though you've got to admit, crossing an international border is a more egregious waybilling misadventure than usual. That's well outside the acceptable bounds of "most convenient routing for us ≠ as-the-crow-flies". Somebody's going to get a good tongue-lashing for this one.
 #1326245  by octr202

Not sure if it was posted elsewhere, but this morning 2032 was spotted in service on it's own. Left NS at 6:45 am on train 305. Current cab is 1626.
 #1327489  by octr202

Tuesday morning 2023 was paired up with 1055 in service. Last night 1055 was on its own, so 2023 is either flying solo now or back to the shop.