Railroad Forums 

• Interesting Consist Discussion for the North Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1159819  by mbta1051dan

ck4049 wrote:1713 was on Mass Bay #330.
I'll be on the lookout. I just missed 424 yesterday while doing my bus route! But I had more important *cargo* if you will, to take care of. Leave the foaming for after work!

Any idea what set it's on?
 #1163469  by MBTA3247

BostonUrbEx wrote:Coach 514 has a sticker on it that says "PROPERTY OF THE MBTA" and there is another sticker under it, but you can't read/see it because of the MBTA one. Anyone know what this is? Was 514 sent out for work recently?
Where is the sticker located? Most (if not all) of the commuter rail equipment is technically owned by banks and leased back to the T, and I've seen stickers on some cars indicating a such. It could be that the lease for 514 expired and it reverted to pure MBTA ownership.
 #1163667  by jwhite07

It could be that the lease for 514 expired and it reverted to pure MBTA ownership.
Right you are. Lease on MBB coaches 500-516 and 1500-1516 is expired. Here's one of the Surface Transportation Board filings:

http://www.stb.dot.gov/recordations.nsf ... enDocument

Boring legalese, but there it is. There are filings for other MBTA equipment on the STB site too.
 #1165977  by dth9269

A couple of oddities here on the Fitchburg Line in West Cambridge today. A lonely F40 (#1033) went rolling out westward shortly after noon...and then came back a few (10-ish?) minutes later. Then just a few minutes ago, ~1:10PM EDT, a mixed set of the work engine #3247 pulling 3 Amtrak coaches, an Amtrak grey locomotive in the middle (didn't catch a number), and then a standard set of MBTA commuter cars with a 10XX engine at the end (possibly pushing) headed inbound toward Porter Square.

Dan