Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am GE DASH 8 Locomotives

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1414162  by 690

It's been mentioned multiple times... fifteen miles of CWR between NMJ and Waterville, and another 15 miles of old rail worded together, reprofiled, and relaid.
 #1414191  by MEC407

690 wrote:A C40-8 is only 92k continuous...
Do you have a source for this? My sources (printed and online) say otherwise, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong! I strive for having correct info, not for being right or proving a point; if you can direct me to a source that is more accurate than the ones I've been using, I'd very much appreciate it. :-)

690 wrote:... and CSX Dash 8s weighed the same as other Dash 8s...
You may be right. I've heard info to the contrary but I haven't seen it verified in print. As before, I'm all ears if you have source(s) for this. Even just a photo of a builders plate/builders sticker would be great. I tried doing a Google Images search but came up emptyhanded.
690 wrote:I'm disagreeing with you on that they can't afford to sideline a bunch of GP40s just because they're getting engines that have better overall performance when they're so short of power.
There's no disagreement because I never said "a bunch." I said a few of the very worst ones or the ones that are already a lost cause or too far cannibalized to be cost-effectively brought back into service.
 #1414227  by MEC407

Thanks Dave!
 #1414405  by GP40MC1118

Arrived in Selkirk off R384-26 and should go out on Q633 today for Rotterdam Jct.

Based on Facebook photos posted today and for those keeping track, here's the GECX/CSX numbers:

9000 - 7552
9001 - 7517
9002 - 7605
9003 - 7620
9004 - 7535
9005 - 7627

Dave
 #1414465  by CPF363

690 wrote:It's been mentioned multiple times... fifteen miles of CWR between NMJ and Waterville, and another 15 miles of old rail worded together, reprofiled, and relaid.
The fifteen miles of CWR between NMJ and Waterville is the State of Maine funding but have not heard about the other fifteen miles of old rail welded together, reprofiled, and relaid. Where did you hear about that?
 #1414542  by gokeefe

Used power direct from a Class I, some of which appears to have been recently serviced or rebuilt. Never owned or operated by anyone else other than the railroad they were manufactured for. This is as close to "new" as Pan Am/Guilford has ever been.