Railroad Forums 

• Official Naugatuck Railroad thread (NAUG/RMNE)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1291663  by TrainManTy

fl9m2004 wrote:When the Naugatuck flyer train ran to Waterbury back in 2005 how long did it take for pan am southern to clear it for track usage
Are they pretty reliable at making decisions quickly or are they like other freight railroads
The reason I'm asking is because I was on that special that met a metro north train at Waterbury station
Ran really well
I can't answer that question (as I don't know) but consider that arranging a single special trip is drastically different from running several trains each week. Fantrip versus trackage rights.
 #1291682  by H.F.Malone

Events that occurred 9 years ago may have little relevance to the present day. What happens (or what does not happen) in 2014 may not have any relevance to events in 2023.
 #1291849  by fl9m2004

That's true 529 was the power on that trip in 2005
And 2525 was on the rear end of the metro north set with fl9m's 2027-2016
529 and 1732 where both operational then
one was a photo freight and 529 had 3 passenger cars
 #1295012  by shadyjay

A post on the GRS_Railfans Yahoo group stated that NH 41, a restored Budd RDC car, is enroute from the Hobo RR in Lincoln NH down to the Naugy. Is this true? Is this a new acquisition/purchase? I know the NH "Roger Williams" used to be at the Danbury museum before being moved to Lincoln for restoration, and another RDC (41?). Did the o/p on the group get the destination railroad wrong?

Heard at last report its at the Pan-Am Deerfield/South Deerfield yard.
 #1295125  by Otto Vondrak

shadyjay wrote:A post on the GRS_Railfans Yahoo group stated that NH 41, a restored Budd RDC car, is enroute from the Hobo RR in Lincoln NH down to the Naugy. Is this true? Is this a new acquisition/purchase? I know the NH "Roger Williams" used to be at the Danbury museum before being moved to Lincoln for restoration, and another RDC (41?). Did the o/p on the group get the destination railroad wrong?

You sure this wasn't the ex-B&M RDC headed to the BSRM's Hoosac Valley service in North Adams? Lots of people often confuse BSRM with RMNE.

-otto-
 #1295236  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Otto Vondrak wrote:
shadyjay wrote:A post on the GRS_Railfans Yahoo group stated that NH 41, a restored Budd RDC car, is enroute from the Hobo RR in Lincoln NH down to the Naugy. Is this true? Is this a new acquisition/purchase? I know the NH "Roger Williams" used to be at the Danbury museum before being moved to Lincoln for restoration, and another RDC (41?). Did the o/p on the group get the destination railroad wrong?

You sure this wasn't the ex-B&M RDC headed to the BSRM's Hoosac Valley service in North Adams? Lots of people often confuse BSRM with RMNE.

-otto-
That's still got a little while to go before it initiates. State hasn't started upgrading track on the Adams Branch yet because PAR/PAS have been tied up on the Conn River Line all year gunning for the December finish date. Next year is when the track gangs are supposed to be freed from other duties enough to start up there, which probably means 2016 for the BSRM dinky's debut. They still have to restore 1 mile's worth of ripped-up track to downtown Adams to have a southern terminus for the RDC to go to.

Maybe this RDC is just going to live at and be maintained by Naugy for the next year or two until it's ready to go to BSRM.
 #1295240  by shadyjay

The post I saw said the "New Haven" Budd Car #41. It was up on the Hobo RR in Lincoln NH (where the rest of the Roger Williams set is), and posts said it was interchanged to PAS/PAR at Concord NH, and at last report was at the PAS Deerfield Yard. The one going to the BSRM is coming from Maine.

I was just curious if the op got it wrong and its actually going back to Danbury or if it truly is going to the Naugy.
 #1295318  by CannaScrews

Jay:

I'm sure you will hear about it when it lands up at its final destination, unless it is just sitting in Deerfield for yucks.

I haven't heard of any other posts saying that it was at Deerfield.

To the Naugy I can understand the routing being primarily a straight shot, but to Danbury? That must get interesting with P&W getting involved, or the How-say-tanic/CSX.

You'd think that this place would be the primary source of rumours, not Yahoo. :wink:
 #1295388  by Cosmo

I think I may have found the answer:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 3&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Haven Equipment Roster
Page 2 of 2 • 12

Re: NH Diesel, Electric, & LW Passenger Car Roster

Postby jimmiegag » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:13 pm
The #41 RDC-1 (New Haven RR) is well and restored as of 1999. It is presently on the way to Lincoln, NH for additional work. Much of the original damage to the car in the 66' wreck has been corrected. There is some remaining minor damage that cannot be corrected.

On another note, Paul, I have seen your pictures of the #41 car on the net, and would like larger copies for my files.
Can you email me?
Thanks,
JIm Gagliardi
[email protected]
 #1295628  by Otto Vondrak

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:
Otto Vondrak wrote:

-otto-
That's still got a little while to go before it initiates. State hasn't started upgrading track on the Adams Branch yet because PAR/PAS have been tied up on the Conn River Line all year gunning for the December finish date. Next year is when the track gangs are supposed to be freed from other duties enough to start up there, which probably means 2016 for the BSRM dinky's debut. They still have to restore 1 mile's worth of ripped-up track to downtown Adams to have a southern terminus for the RDC to go to.

Maybe this RDC is just going to live at and be maintained by Naugy for the next year or two until it's ready to go to BSRM.
Like they say, a picture is worth 1,000 words:
BRMX 6126 leaving B&ML
BRMX 6126 leaving B&ML
BRMX6126_JoeyKelley.jpg (45.78 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
https://www.facebook.com/hoosacvalleyservice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Budd RDC BRMX #6126 is seen on the move from Unity, ME. Special thanks to the Belfast & Moosehead Lake Railroad for their hospitality and cooperation during our work on #6126. Thanks to Joey Kelley for sharing and capturing the moment!"

Plus, the service will operate to a temporary terminal until the last mile of track is restored. Sorry to hijack the RMNE thread, I'll post this also in BSRM.

-otto-
 #1295670  by DutchRailnut

That RDC is part of Jim Gagliardi's RDC collection New Haven #41 also known as former Amtrak #14, and I don't think its sold to anyone.
 #1295748  by shadyjay

"Hey now".... I wasn't starting any rumours (or at least that wasn't my intent). I just was curious as to why a piece of equipment that was at the DRM several years ago, then at the Hobo in Lincoln, is now in transit to the Naugy. That's all. It's obviously going to the Naugy since if it was DRM bound, it would have gone, well, god knows which way these days.

And at the last report, it was on a train bound for CT on Pan-Am, in Springfield. And its NOT the one going to the BSRM's new operating home.