Railroad Forums 

• LA&L, B&H, WNYP Train Movements 2009

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#624334  by PVRX1

Monday MENH spent a portion of the day tied down at Hornell. The crew apparently outlawed. Speculating- crew from OL-1 was brought over to bring the train back to Olean.

Today NS symbol KH52 is currently (133pm) around North Eldred, heading south, on the Buffalo Line. This should be DFT.
 #625599  by Mike Walsh

Well, here's the first SIGHTING of the year.... (see)

LA&L #432 and #425 leading an uncounted amount of cars (I wanna estimate 20) into Gennessee Junction today.

Here's a new trend: Cameraphone railfanning! :)
Photos taken with my TREO.
 #634966  by apratt

Sandy Burton wrote:Are they still running trains on the LAL or has the railroad shut down for the winter? :wink:

Sandy
No, it appears to be quite busy as a snowmobile trail. :(

I've been hearing them come through Henrietta fairly late at night, but I can't tell which way they're headed. By late I mean often after midnight.
 #635685  by kf7strng

WNYP hasn't been super busy on the Buffalo line either. and it seems when they DO come down.. it's LATE at night. somewhere around 2200Hrs onward, but I haven't seen them active on the line during daylight. Ususally see half of a consist waiting for a re-crew, or something like that during the day.
 #637471  by apratt

Mike Walsh wrote:LAL hasnt been running at night. You're probably hearing CSX. They have operated on days as usual, as far as I know.....
I live less than a mile from the Martin Road / East River Road / Erie Station Road crossings. It is not CSX.
 #638343  by PVRX1

Rochester & Southern train RS-1 has been working Silver Springs 8-10pm plus minus. So you probably hear their northbound SR-2 run.

If anyone wants to fan today, as of 945am Sunday 02-15 the area looks like this:
-B&P train KH29 is south/west-bound approaching Machias, NY.
-B&P train KH32 is on its way to Keating, Pa.
-There have been 5 or 6 NS locomotives and 3 RJC locomotives at Keating all weekend awaiting coal / hopper trains.
-Driftwood has 15 loads for the WNYP, 16 empties for the NBER, and 105 empty hoppers for the B&P.
-Further down the Buffalo Line H2W and H3W just met at "Fair" siding.
-Nothing on the WNYP as yet

Buffalo Line Movement Notes:
KH-51 (OL-1) - Clermont 1045pm on 1/28
KH-51 (OL-1) - Olean 9pm on 1/30
KH-52 (DFT) - North Eldred 1pm on 1/26
KH-52 (DFT) - North Kean 1045pm on 1/28
KH-52 (DFT) - Emporeum 2pm on 2/13
KH-53 (OL-2) - Olean 115am on 2/10
OL-1 has been running a variety of directions including the Olean - Hornell line in place of MEHN/HNME which now is essentially MEOL/OLME again (like 397/398). It is generally a day job, but this too varies. OL-2 was the night job, which does Farmers Valley as the wax customer on the Farmers Valley must be switched at night. DFT has been varying day or night and different days of the week.
 #638370  by PVRX1

As of 1130 KH53 is south out of Olean at "South Eldred". The RJC train is also on the move south out of Keating as train KH-33.

As of 130pm WNYP KH53 (usually OL-2) has moved further south to "Kean", while WNYP OL-1 has arrived at Hornell.
 #643492  by kf7strng

dft-26 northbound tonight with a few loads and 637 with 630 leading. The crew gave me a nice salute with the horn tonight. I was happy about that. Not sure who the crew are, but THANK YOU guys! It was a nice gesture.
 #657741  by railwatcher

Minutes past noon LAL #418 rolled into Avon running light. Anyone know why they are out on a Sunday, it's such a rare occaision?
 #658014  by boblenon

418 ran light to Genesee Jct, got some hoppers and switched out Barilla and returned to Lakeville light about 3PM. This happened two weeks ago as well ... This is seemingly more common.