Railroad Forums 

• Vandalisim and Theft

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#437985  by Alcoman

With scrap prices being very high, this problem is not a new one.
Here is Albany,NY; thieves have removed copper cable from locomotives stored in Colonie yard as well as couplers. An CP employee told me about thieves stealing brand new rail waiting to be installed in the yard.
The only thing that can be done is to keep an close eye on the equipment and report it if something is found missing.

#438034  by rrbluesman

I can't picture 784 Piney Hollow Rd, how far from Winslow Jct is that?

#438145  by prsl7668

rrbluesman wrote:I can't picture 784 Piney Hollow Rd, how far from Winslow Jct is that?
I think that is someplace near where the stone trains get unloaded.

#438287  by pablo

Corrct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the couplers were taken from the locos my someone that was affiliated with the former RHS that owned the units. That information is available here and elsewhere.

Dave Becker

#438411  by nick11a

Sounds like they might be related. Hey, people will steal metal things and dump garbage wherever they can.

#438622  by gawlikfj

Would the hiring of people to act as security help stop this problem ?
With so many people being put out of work these days it really wouldn't hurt .