• UP REFUSES TO CHARTER STEAM BETWEEN DENVER-GRAND JUNCTION

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by washingtonsecondary

(1)With the caliber of THE MOST-RECENT, PAGE 2 REPLIES in this matter, I am delighted to have washed my hands of it.

(2)Do any of you buffoons understand that this would have been
a profitable trip for UP, on a line that sees far fewer trains than the
main line? And that I didn't care whether or not I made a profit for
my financial risk? <<<<< No we didn't care. Just like no one cared about your Amtrak Erie trip a few years ago

(3)Not a single one of you has attempted to refute or deny a single
issue that I raised in either my 2004 or 2006 postings, as to UP's
scandalously-inept top management. I dare you to try, as you don't have the facts on your side. [Try reading THE NEW YORK TIMES or
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL instead of THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER
sometime.]<<<<<If it was as bad as you claim, the stock holders would have bounced these people a long time ago.

(4)Not a single one of you has ever lifted a finger to try to give
area railfans the opportunity to ride an historic steam fan trip over the
former D&RGW main line. This would doubtless interfere with your
choice of leisure pursuits, as set forth below. Further, defending Steve
Lee and his crew for sitting on their well-paid butts rather than running
steam over the UP system is a sick-joke. Why bother to maintain
two UP steam locomotives when they virtually never run? These engines are the property of UP, to do with as they wish. Furthermore I WAS a memeber of a group that ran (and still runs) steam excursions. But I left after I realized it was a group of YOU clones.

(5)Class-resentment will get you absolutely nowhere, but just betrays
your own insecurity and stupidity. However, if you wish to engage me
in "poor little rich boy"-type class warfare, here is what I think of your
semi-literate little claque...MEANING the morons who have chosen to
attack me on class and profession-related issues, rather than STICK TO
THE FACTS:

You are a mindless bunch of low-class, self-congratulatory fools, with your love of cigarettes; beer; tattoos; meaningless corporate spectator-sports (don't forget TV wrestling); hunting skills; ratty pickup trucks (American-made, of course); Neanderthal, religion-driven politics that cause the election of dangerous idiots like George "Dubya" Bush; scaggy, long hair, including anachronistic ponytails, as some sort of tribal, blue-collar fashion "statement"; wretched, whiny country music that would make any civilized person gag; plus pot bellies, diabetes, multiple squalid divorces, alienated co-workers and children, occasional jail terms, nonexistent higher education and average I.Q.'s below 100. I have seen far too many of you clowns in over 55 years of my railroad hobby, and deeply resent having to share that hobby with the likes of you. Did you know that in high school I was tested with an IQ of 127? No of course you didn't know, because you don't know me. I'm happily married to my first wife (3 years and still going) plus I have a son who loves me more then I love him (which is hard to believe considering how much I love him) my co-workers are some of my best friends. You did have one point, I do have a bit of a pot belly, but I'm working on that! To make these broad accusations based on a few posts is truly the sign of low class. Well whatever, atleast I live a happy life. You seem to be the one with issues.

(4)Happy railfanning, you pathetic pack of losers. And don't
waste my time with further rantings.Delighted to oblige.

And so much for that elitist education. Last time I checked numbers went 1-2-3-4-5-6.

by pablo

That could possibly be the worst e-mail from someone attempting to garner public support that I've ever seen. My original comment was that you might want to watch what you say publicly, Don, if you are trying to accomplish something like a difficult steam excursion.

I still have no idea where that nasty attitude came from, but I suggest that we have a new leader in the category for "Dumbest Poster on Railroad.net." Reading your post reminded me of Robert Pines on CSX-Sucks.com.

I also won't waste any time explaining how wrong you are with your remarks, and I suggest no one else does, either.

Dave Becker

by washingtonsecondary

Since his remarks were posted in a public forum I'm considering sending a link to this post to websites that support or link to his "around the world" trips. I think its only fair that the people who shell out 15k for an airplane ride know what their host thinks of them.

by Otto Vondrak

All of you KNOCK IT OFF. You all need to grow up and act like adults. I found some of Don's remarks rude and derisive, but it looks like you all followed him down the path and bickered right along with him. I'm sorry it has to be this way. Send me an email and I'll send you my personal phone number so we can discuss, if you like.

With Golden-Arm, and UP Engineer now the new moderators, if you have any questions relating to this, please send them a PM, or contact me, for further clarification. Thanks

-otto-