• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Gilbert B Norman

Santa Fe #33, heavyweight open-plaztform obs liveried in Pullman Green is on the rear, properly pointed, of #5 (12).
  by Irishiron

Not quite unique equipment but interesting move. Caught HIgh Speed Extra 2010 abou 1:45am with Acela set 14 2010/2015. Guessing it was a shop move based on the issues he was complaining of.
  by CSX Conductor

jscola30 wrote:There were also 3 PVs at South Station today, Silver Shore, SIlver Lodge, Silver Express
They were added to 66 Saturday morning in New Haven. No idea when they are heading outta town or where they're heading next.

As for the Warner Brothers car, it was on the rear on #170 today and will be heading out of Boston on #177 this afternoon.
  by BuddSilverliner269

chuchubob wrote:The Looney Tunes Amfleet car brought up the rear of train 178 Monday afternoon.
Geez, you couldve given Nomis and myself credit for giving ya a heads up about this wrapped car Bob....Hehe........
  by chuchubob

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:
chuchubob wrote:The Looney Tunes Amfleet car brought up the rear of train 178 Monday afternoon.
Geez, you couldve given Nomis and myself credit for giving ya a heads up about this wrapped car Bob....Hehe........
I gave nomis credit on my email list. I was unaware that I had gotten the info from you. Your credit is always good with me. :)
  by DutchRailnut

The box contains laser measuring bneams/sensors and axle sensor records lateral movement of axle.
  by Irishiron

67(14) into Trenton with

AMTK107 P42DC
AMTK918 AEM-7AC
1 Baggage
5 Amfleet 1's
PV Silver Express
PV Silver Lodge
PV Silver Shore
  by JR4815D2

Irishiron wrote:67(14) into Trenton with

AMTK107 P42DC
AMTK918 AEM-7AC
1 Baggage
5 Amfleet 1's
PV Silver Express
PV Silver Lodge
PV Silver Shore

That would off been great to see.
  by railfan365

chuchubob wrote:AMTK 10002 Corridor Clipper was the first car on train 95 from BOS to WAS on Wednesday.
unusual truck photo
It looks like a cab car. Does Amtrak use cab cars to double end some of their trains, which operate push-pull?
  by CSX Conductor

Also, the Silver Lodge, Express, & Shore made a trip over the wheel machine at Southampton Street Yard yesterday. Not sure how bad their wheels were before.
  by CSX Conductor

railfan365 wrote:It looks like a cab car. Does Amtrak use cab cars to double end some of their trains, which operate push-pull?
Yes, we use ex-Metro-liner cab cars (96xx series cars) on the Springfield shuttles between New Haven,CT & Springfield,Ma. They are also used on the Harrisburg,Pa to NYP runs.
  by Irishiron

CSX Conductor wrote:
railfan365 wrote:It looks like a cab car. Does Amtrak use cab cars to double end some of their trains, which operate push-pull?
Yes, we use ex-Metro-liner cab cars (96xx series cars) on the Springfield shuttles between New Haven,CT & Springfield,Ma. They are also used on the Harrisburg,Pa to NYP runs.
Which sparks a side question. Whatever happened to 9800?
  by airman00

Hey, I thought the 10002 corridor clipper was some kind of a track inspection/track geometry car. I read somewhere on this site that it was a former cab car coverted as such. (I could be wrong though)
  by Irishiron

airman00 wrote:Hey, I thought the 10002 corridor clipper was some kind of a track inspection/track geometry car. I read somewhere on this site that it was a former cab car coverted as such. (I could be wrong though)
The 10002 Corridor Clipper is a track geometry/inspection/catenary inspection car. It's equipped with all the gadgets and gizmos, and a dummy pantograph w/ camera for inspecting the wire at speed.