• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by DutchRailnut

a tree is more likely or small truck.
  by Greg Moore

DutchRailnut wrote:a tree is more likely or small truck.

Well unless either leaped about 5' into the air :-)

Moose is unlikely that far south. ;-)
  by DutchRailnut

Tree's do not always fall to ground, most times they just hang there.
  by HBLR

The last ice storm LIRR and S.E.P.T.A. as well as NJT had problems with limbs hanging into the loading gauge. It caused quite a bit of delays on top of whatever else was going on.
  by hi55us

chuchubob wrote:Four PV on train 29 (9) Capitol Limited
P42DC 186 and 85
bag
transition dorm
2 x sleeper
diner
lounge
4 x coach
Pullman Pacific Union
CB&Q California Zephyr Silver Quail
diner New York Central 448
L&N observation Royal Street
I can't wait for 10,20,30 years from now when we'll have superliner PV's, I call dibs on the California cars!
  by nickrapak

hi55us wrote:I can't wait for 10,20,30 years from now when we'll have superliner PV's, I call dibs on the California cars!
You can have 'em. I'm getting me a PPC!
  by CSX Conductor

chuchubob wrote:The Looney Tunes Amfleet car brought up the rear of train 178 Monday afternoon.
Cool. i'll have to try to get a shot of it tomorrow. Usually 178's equipment turns in Boston for 137 the next day.
  by jscola30

There were also 3 PVs at South Station today, Silver Shore, SIlver Lodge, Silver Express
  by daylight4449

jscola30 wrote:There were also 3 PVs at South Station today, Silver Shore, SIlver Lodge, Silver Express
By the silver prefix, can we assume these are ex-CB&Q?
  by JR4815D2

jscola30 wrote:There were also 3 PVs at South Station today, Silver Shore, SIlver Lodge, Silver Express

these where spotted recently in GCT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqoOb0P0TaM