Railroad Forums 

• Trolley Events/Museums/Displays in Indianapolis ?

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#604628  by 3rdrail

Hi All !
Anybody know of any trolley/interurban/trackless trolley - museums, events, model shows, displays, etc. in the Indianapolis area coming up this summer ? Plan to be in the area and would like to coincide my trip planning with a trolley event. Thanks !
Paul.
 #606184  by Otto Vondrak

Wow. I searched for railroad museums in Indiana and turned up nothing. Thanks for reminding us about the ITM.

http://www.itm.org/

-otto-
 #606187  by 3rdrail

Yeah, I'm surprised also. In the day, it was a hotbed for Interurbans. Thanks !
 #606683  by Otto Vondrak

When I search for "Indiana Trolley Museum" I get the Fox River Museum in Elgin, Illinois as top search. It also lists the Indiana Railway Museum...

http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/

But no trolleys?
 #607366  by Leo Sullivan

Hi Paul,
The Hoosier Trolley meet is usually the weekend after Labor day. i went this year and, can recommend it.
It is a history oriented meet rather than a model meet and is attended by many well known interurban men.
LS
 #607388  by 3rdrail

Leo Sullivan wrote:Hi Paul,
The Hoosier Trolley meet is usually the weekend after Labor day. i went this year and, can recommend it.
It is a history oriented meet rather than a model meet and is attended by many well known interurban men.
LS
Thanks Leo, I'll look into that. I'm sure that the attendees had nothing on you.