Railroad Forums 

• Newb question: when does "slow season" end?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#344463  by route_rock

Sips said tea after kiciking off shoes looking about"Hey wheres are the dancing girls? You know the ones with the fans and funky makeup?I feel better already.
My drama now they cut 12 off the switchmans board now nowhere to go boo hoo lol. Galesburg here I come.

#344641  by git a holt to it

route_rock wrote:Sips said tea after kiciking off shoes looking about"Hey wheres are the dancing girls? You know the ones with the fans and funky makeup?I feel better already.
My drama now they cut 12 off the switchmans board now nowhere to go boo hoo lol. Galesburg here I come.
Sorry man I got there first and they're all in my room :-D .Looks like galesburg is feelin a crunch too :( . What happened to the passenger brkmns xtra brd they had there?

#345307  by route_rock

I dont remember ever seeing that. But we do have the regular brakemans board. I think I am just going back to Hostle ( its more fun than being bumped all over.)but hopefully that will be temporary.

#345472  by git a holt to it

route_rock wrote:I dont remember ever seeing that. But we do have the regular brakemans board. I think I am just going back to Hostle ( its more fun than being bumped all over.)but hopefully that will be temporary.
It's always temporary, just that time of year. There used to be passenger service out there do you get calls to do that or is it completely a thing of the past?
By the the way I had enough ZEN from the geisha girls they're all yours :-D . Now where's that tea.
 #346011  by CWG76528

Any idea as to when things will start to pick up again or the furloughs will be called back?
 #346069  by git a holt to it

CWG76528 wrote:Any idea as to when things will start to pick up again or the furloughs will be called back?
Usually picks up around mid-march early april, if the gloom and doom economic analyst are right this time then maybe late april to mid may. just a guess though.

#346530  by route_rock

Moving back to my old job ( sometime in the next two days) and I never listen to gloom and doom guys. Most of the time they are wrong. Plus the way my old lady spends money I can keep the economy afloat ( I think I caused the last economic boom actually lol)
 #346626  by Komachi

git a holt to it asked...

"It's always temporary, just that time of year. There used to be passenger service out there do you get calls to do that or is it completely a thing of the past?"

As far as I know, this is the way it is, the way it has been and the way it will be for the foreseeable future. (But, I'm not a railroader (just wish I was one), so I can't say anything with any degree of authority. I'll leave it to the old hands on the boards here.)

#346708  by git a holt to it

route_rock wrote:Moving back to my old job ( sometime in the next two days) and I never listen to gloom and doom guys. Most of the time they are wrong. Plus the way my old lady spends money I can keep the economy afloat ( I think I caused the last economic boom actually lol)
Yours and mine both brother :-D :-D .

#351330  by rwallace2fan

Hi guys, long time watcher but this is my first post. Let me start by saying I have learned alot from this site and appreciate all the advice the experienced guys give on this site! This is for PNOUS, I graduated from NARS in September 2006, and am Still waiting for BNSF to call me for the KC area. As far as I know no one in my class has been hired in KC yet. A few for FT Worth though. Not to burst your bubble but if you haven't checked out other railroads yet, I would do so as their may be a long wait for BNSF. Luckily, I got the call for UP and started training this week, so at least you have one person less in front of you. :-D Keep in there, and don't have blinders on for BNSF only, as you may have to move to get on with them. There is just too many people who go to NARS that live in this area. Good luck to ya!

#351339  by PSNOUS

My best friend called me the other day and 6 of his excoworkers at Harrahs that were in the class before mine(my class was Oct 30-Dec8) got the call the other day and start this Monday here in KC. I have a few apps in for BNSF here in KC and a few in with UP as well. The problem is there were not that many postings after my class got out. So I watch all the sites daily for new postings. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

#351341  by PSNOUS

rwallace2fan wrote:Hi guys, long time watcher but this is my first post. Let me start by saying I have learned alot from this site and appreciate all the advice the experienced guys give on this site! This is for PNOUS, I graduated from NARS in September 2006, and am Still waiting for BNSF to call me for the KC area. As far as I know no one in my class has been hired in KC yet. A few for FT Worth though. Not to burst your bubble but if you haven't checked out other railroads yet, I would do so as their may be a long wait for BNSF. Luckily, I got the call for UP and started training this week, so at least you have one person less in front of you. :-D Keep in there, and don't have blinders on for BNSF only, as you may have to move to get on with them. There is just too many people who go to NARS that live in this area. Good luck to ya!

Where at with UP are going?

#351347  by git a holt to it

PSNOUS wrote:My best friend called me the other day and 6 of his excoworkers at Harrahs that were in the class before mine(my class was Oct 30-Dec8) got the call the other day and start this Monday here in KC. I have a few apps in for BNSF here in KC and a few in with UP as well. The problem is there were not that many postings after my class got out. So I watch all the sites daily for new postings. Hopefully things will pick up soon.
Denver should be posting soon. still hurting for people even though a bunch of nomads marked up here recently.

#351348  by PSNOUS

Sweet, I check everyday.............

#351435  by rwallace2fan

PSNOUS wrote: Where at with UP are going?
KC, there is a class right now finishing up and ours just started. There were supposed to be 24 in our class, 5 never showed up, and 2 quit already.