Railroad Forums 

• Newb question: when does "slow season" end?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#342193  by git a holt to it

nevermind found it, ftmadi brd 6 :-)
Rank IN Lastname -Sen Dt- I Perm Asgnment Temp Asgnment Stat Station
79 BT MARTINIE 03/01/99 FTMADI 6 CO16 OFF FTMADI
266 SM WRIGHT 02/26/01 FTMADI 6 CO04 FTMADI
267 JB ELAND 02/26/01 FTMADI 4 OFF FTMADI
I would be here.... :-)
578 DD MAGEE 07/16/01 FTMADI 4 OFF FTMADI

#342200  by git a holt to it

route_rock wrote:Oh hell no I love it but the problem is its guys on the NHSF roster that are holding all those slots and guys higher than me on the 6 board. So I am stuck on the SWXB lol.But yes riding Z,Q,S,and V's are freaking sweet! lol.However I live in Rock Island Illinois so the wife wants me to drive somewhere closer> But on 22 Jan that will happen ( even though I had a legit bump and according to the rules you cant be forced to go to a yard slot when on a bump but when admin stonewalls you and the griever agrees with them what do you do??)So here I sit all broken hearted waiting for the furlough to be startin lol seeings I would be in that 44! Then I just go to Galesburg :-D Or my engineer bid goes in and I get that but who knows
I think I know why, its because you would be making a santa fe to BN move which you can't do, you got to bid on an advertised job to make that type of move.

#342488  by route_rock

Yup done that thats how I bounced back and forth. However I should have had a bid today and guess what never went through a younger guy got it. Oh well going to get my quackers ina row and see if I can time slip him :-D But anyway Having a ball sitting here watching the board move with no vacancies as older guys knock off the younger.

#342504  by git a holt to it

route_rock wrote:Yup done that thats how I bounced back and forth. However I should have had a bid today and guess what never went through a younger guy got it. Oh well going to get my quackers ina row and see if I can time slip him :-D But anyway Having a ball sitting here watching the board move with no vacancies as older guys knock off the younger.
Whats with the adman anyway ,its a fight everytime, they don't know the agreements and don't want to listen to you quote the agreement to them.

#342721  by route_rock

Fight is an understatement!! Admin hosed me so I called around and called em back, got a different person and she right off the bat said 30 day hold. I siad but the agree.... Nope 30 day hold so I siad Bite your tounge lad or youll go to Ft Worth for anger management LOL!! Might be a nice trip.
Man your up in the atmosphere compared to me man lol But when do these here furloughs go in effect? or will it be surprise here they are lol.
Another good laugh look on the chicago div notice for the LETP for KANCEA they will get back to me on the date in the notice ( the date is Jan 3 on friday :-D LOL not until friday however the notice says the 3rd but they wont answer till friday. Confused yet ( see what you have to look forward too newb) :wink:

#342722  by PSNOUS

So has any furloughing started happening yet anywhere? I have heard of any in my area but some classmates said it has happened in Clovis.

#342770  by resauto

yup...........25 already in Clovis

#342865  by git a holt to it

[quote="route_rock"]
Man your up in the atmosphere compared to me man lol But when do these here furloughs go in effect? or will it be surprise here they are lol.
quote]well my first year I wascut off on march 29th for 3months then my second year there was 20 more guys under me than the previous year and I was cut off Jan. 15th for 3months, go figure.
Last edited by git a holt to it on Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#343103  by route_rock

Huh well to post some more to my drama. Two gals from the class behind me moved back WITHOUT waiting the 30 days!!!! Hell hath no fury like I am about to unleash on admin tonight!! We never got furloughed last yearthe head dog in Galesburg promised we wouldnt and stuck to it ( yeah I know amazing) so never got dumped I think he was afraid we woulkd go to the IC&E the IAIS or UP,Now that we have almost two years in I dont think they will care.
Stick with it kids youll get your chance eventually

#343125  by PSNOUS

I know its just frustrating and scary right now. Hopefully things will pick up soon...........
 #343186  by Komachi

(Your friendly neighborhood moderator appears in a puff of smoke (old ninja trick), dressed in a dark blue kimono. With a snap of his fingers all are magically transported to a large, Japanese style room. There are low tables here and there with cups of green tea placed upon them. One wall is open to the garden outside, where koi (large goldfish-like carp) swim in a large pond, and water softly trickles over a pile of rocks, creating a soft burbling noise.)

I thought we could all use this moment of ZEN tranquility amidst the angst in this thread.

(Takes deep breath)

Ah, much better.

#343676  by resauto

30 furloughed in Temple.

#343693  by PSNOUS

:(

#343695  by PSNOUS

:(

#343697  by PSNOUS

:( :( :(