Railroad Forums 

• The Stony Brook Branch

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1640359  by neman2

In what has become a Sunday routine L-059 is doing the CSX/B+E shuffle today. At 13:15 D2 gave L-059 with the MEC 5933 49 loads 14 empties ok on signal indication WB at Graniteville .

13:34 Littleton detector no defects total axles 292. B+E instructed back in at Moore's for IM-3, picking up on thoroughfare.
 #1640369  by neman2

About 15:45 L-059 is back from Ayer going through Graniteville with what looked like 50 cars +/- including a few OYMA's.
Doing some work at Westford . It seems to me 2 hour turnaround from Westford to Hill Yard and return is pretty good.
 #1641424  by F74265A

Per recent video from stony brook productions, Poland springs water is moving again on the stony brook to Ayer

But now it is on local L 059 from Lawrence instead of 427
 #1641455  by neman2

I am only posting this because it is a daytime rarity --- At 10:50 M427 at Graniteville ready to head west.
 #1641458  by neman2

F74265A wrote:Per recent video from stony brook productions, Poland springs water is moving again on the stony brook to Ayer

But now it is on local L 059 from Lawrence instead of 427
Today's M427 has the water's on it. There has been no set routine for CSX and B+E to handle interchange, what train moves it changes almost daily, they use whatever works for the present situation.
 #1642040  by neman2

I haven't posted anything for a while because nothing is happening in the daytime on the Stony Brook.
There haven't been any CSX or B+E transfer operations in my visual and radio monitoring times.

M427 according to jaymac's info travels through in the 2AM range.
M426 seems to regularly have a new crew at Still River around 8-9 PM, does set-offs and pick-ups at the Hill Yard and passes the Littleton detector around 10PM. They aren't doing work at Westford, NC, or Lowell presently, so my guess is they do work at Lawrence but I really don't know.

An additional bit of info for jaymac and anybody else monitoring radio transmissions is a new acronym I here dispatchers use called the "MTO." According to CSX website they are " Manager of Train Operations." I am posting the link to the job posting, looks like they are looking for a Superman.
https://fa-eowa-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.orac ... 0010426099
 #1642050  by jaymac

It does seem -- whatever the car counts might be -- that things are getting fewer and further between. Having exhausted the possibilities of PSR, a new acronym was needed. At least the MTO is a nonexempt position. Surprised that the requirements didn't include the ability to operate a TARDIS. At least the former GRS rulers have the satisfaction of having their acronym -- TOM --- rearranged and repurposed.
 #1642718  by neman2

If anybody is interested there is apparently a daytime M427 today. At about 08:30 D2 advising them "live re-crew at Middlesex St." I believe he is referring to Middlesex st. Chelmsford, perhaps MAACO.
 #1642864  by neman2

CSX is marking ties for replacement on the Stony Brook. As you can see in the picture they are replacing quite a few even though Pan Am did this line in 2017.
Marked ties 042324.jpg
Marked ties 042324.jpg (3.7 MiB) Viewed 356 times
 #1642873  by newpylong

Pan Am only did every other 4th roughly when they put the new rail in. I suspect this will be right up to Class 3 again.