Railroad Forums 

• The "Dinky" train station at Princeton Junction

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1621244  by pumpers

I took the Dinky (from Princeton Junction to Princeton) today, for the first time in a while, and while transferring at the Junction I noticed the small "Dinky Station" between the Dinky platform and the NEC platforms was closed. There was a printout on a sheet of paper taped to the inside of the door window that said something like "station closed until further notice due to dangerous conditions." Looking inside the window, I didn't notice anything special.
Anyone know what that's all about?
There isn't much in there to be dangerous - its only about 15 ft x 15 ft with some benches, IIRC. It is not 100 years old or anything like that - it looks about the same age as the main station.
 #1621260  by lensovet

Waiting shelters are supposed to be heated in the winter and need custodial staff assigned to make sure that they are cleaned regularly.

It's possible the heating elements/system is out of order and therefore nonoperational and/or that there is no one hired to regularly clean the waiting area so they will not allow it to be open for liability reasons and so that people don't use it as a public restroom.
 #1621314  by JohnFromJersey

lensovet wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:57 pm Waiting shelters are supposed to be heated in the winter and need custodial staff assigned to make sure that they are cleaned regularly.

It's possible the heating elements/system is out of order and therefore nonoperational and/or that there is no one hired to regularly clean the waiting area so they will not allow it to be open for liability reasons and so that people don't use it as a public restroom.
So they don't want it to become the Stinky Dinky Station