Railroad Forums 

• THE 7470 Emerges!!!!

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#207821  by CSRR573

Anyone check out the Conway scenic web page lately? They have a video showing the 7470 coming out of the roundhouse and being repaired out side. The new update as of 1/4/2006 says the 7470 will be out for excusion runs soon! Now if we could only see the 501 back in action...

P.S. I was up there tis weekend and the 1055 was in the roundhouse being worked on. It would be nice to see the 1055 back in action too!

#208128  by CSRR573

I forgot to mention when i went up there this past weekend with my dad we looked in the round house and we saw the #21 in stall one,stripped down to the metal and awaiting its new paint.

#208223  by spinfire

CSRR573 wrote:I forgot to mention when i went up there this past weekend with my dad we looked in the round house and we saw the #21 in stall one,stripped down to the metal and awaiting its new paint.
Finally! The previous color scheme was hideous :)

I'm more excited about 7470, but I'm eager to see #21 too. Did you get a picture?

#208274  by b&m 1566

From my understanding the 1055 doesn't run on regular service because the electrical system to get it started is in pour condition and takes for ever to get it going... that's how I understood it.
The 105 from my understanding is going to be worked on sometime in the next 10 years, I have heard a few times that the Conway Scenic would operate it, IF and when it gets fixed.

#208371  by CSRR573

No The windows were do dirty to take a picture
sorry!

#208767  by greenus90

At railfan day a group of us were talking to one of the conductors and Courtney, the master mechanic there- Court said the charging circuit in 1055 was more or less dead so in effect it needed to be jumped to run. The generator would load fine, however. Since it only ran on Railfan's Day this was not too much of a concern. But as I understand the new owner is an ALCO fan so maybe that's why 1055 is in the roundhouse getting worked.

It will be nice to see the 7470 running again.