Railroad Forums 

• Summer '89, June '75

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#568382  by alsorailfan

Finally got some pictures transferred from slides unto CD. A couple came out blurry though...
Summer or '89 was the NRHS Trip from Lakeville to Avon and return. Pictures taken with Konica SLR camera.

June '75. There's a surprise picture in there which I hope someone can shed a light on.
Taken with Kodak 110 camera w/auto light exposure, can't remember the model type.

Enjoy!

chris

http://picasaweb.google.com/alsorailfan/LALSum89Jun75
 #568721  by Lehighton_Man

Very cool Chris! Thats awesome to see stuff like that.
Back in 75', LA&L had im guessing: #10 GE 44(?)T; #79 ALCo S4; and #38 the steamer.. right?
Or am i thinking indifferently
Anyway, thanks for sharing!
Sean
 #569407  by alsorailfan

Sean,
Back in '75, it was just # 10, RS-1 #20 and at the time of the picture, #38 (more question on this in a bit).
I assume you've seen the history of the loco elsewhere on this site. Another good overall history can be found here: http://www.lalrr.com/history.html Have fun reading this if you haven't already.

chris

On another note: Does anyone know if the tender of #38 was sold with the steamer?
When did # 38 go to Knox and Kane? I've got prints (negatives are currently being transferred to cd so look for these later!) which has #38 that I dated as Jan76. Maybe that should be Jan. 75?

Also anyone know anything about the Erie caboose C129? Did LA&L use it? or in 'transit'?

And that flat car? anyone recognize it?

Thanks in advance!

chris :-)
 #569704  by CPSmith

C129 was the "resident" EL caboose. It was not uncommon to find it parked in either the Rochester or Avon yard.
 #570615  by BR&P

CPSmith notes the C129 as the "resident EL caboose". I'd suggest adding the phrase "at that time". The caboose assigned to Avon was changed out from time to time as work was needed. I believe C140 was also assigned there for a while, and another in the C200 series, and no doubt several others through the years. Somewhere I may have some notes and will see if I can find them. But as the caboose came due for painting, rebuild, or perhaps was damaged in switching, whatever one was there would be traded for another. (What was the number of the one that turned on its side somewhere west of Avon, and what was the date?)